Volvo Penta MD29A six-cylinder with 92 hp and approx. 2000 sailing hours after overhaul.. Beautiful Valkvlet in very well maintained condition with many recent innovations.
Basic data of the Valkvlet 1030 OK AK
- Seller:Overwijk Jachtbemiddeling
- Model:1030 OK AK
- Ship's name:Balder
- Motorization:Volvo Penta MD29A six-cylinder with 92 hp and approx. 2000 sailing hours after overhaul.
- Category:Motor Yacht
- Year of construction:1976
- Experience: A day of boating fun, Family holidays, Shallow waters, Blue water cruising, seagoing, Weekendcruiser, weekends aboard
- Length:34.78 feet
- Width:10.83 feet
- Draught:3 feet
- Variable draught:No
- Vertical clearance:245 cm
- Headroom inside:190 cm
- Berths:4fixed, 2 additional
- Country: Netherlands
- To view in sales harbour/showroom: No , Jachthaven De Watervriend, Sjuwedyk 10-12, 8624 TV Uitwellingerga
- Account Manager: Homme Overwijk
- Boat specifications in PDF: Download here
The Valkvlet is without doubt the best known vlet and needs no further explanation. The sailing characteristics are excellent and the ship seems to be built for eternity, provided it is well maintained. Fortunately the latter is the case here in contrast to many of his brothers and sisters who are offered for sale. In the last six years the ship has been completely done outside but also the interior is beautiful with new upholstery and woodwork that has stood the test of time very well. Of course it also makes a difference that the ship hibernates indoors every year. The boat is ready to board and all options are available to have a carefree time on the water. There is a bathroom with shower, electric vacuum toilet, boiler, bow thruster, hot air heating, shore power, holding tank, compressor fridge and a spiritus cooker (there is no gas on board).
- We have inspected the ship very thoroughly and the owner deserves a compliment for the maintenance. Almost self-evident problems of every Valkvlet have been tackled in the past. The anchor chain box has been renewed for a stainless steel one, the rust under the water tank is not here and the surface on the inside is well painted. Also bad parts of the teak deck have been renewed.
- A side note is the release of the original driving putty on the superstructure. A known problem and it causes blowing under the paint. This can be repaired locally but for perfectionists the best remedy is to let the whole body shine.
- There is a lot of documentation available such as invoices and manuals.
- Serious interested parties are welcome to visit the ship -only by appointment- at Jachthaven De Watervriend in Uitwellingerga,
Click here for more information
- Designer: P. Valk
- Shipyard: Jachtbouw P. Valk Franeker
- CE-category: Exempt
Hull shape: Roundbilge
With bilge keels.
- Hull colour: Blue
- Deck colour: White
- Deck construction: Steel
- Windows: In aluminium frames.
- Cockpit: Centre cockpit
- Open cockpit:
- Aft cockpit:
Vertical clearance: 2.45 m
A lower clearance height can be achieved by disassembling the searchlight.
- Minimum height: 245 cm
- Draught: 100 cm
- Displacement: 10,000 kg
Steering system: Wheel
- Position steering system: Inside
- Rudder: Single
- Keel/Lee board: Bilge keels
- Layout and spaces inside: See layout below.
Headroom: 190 cm
- Engine room:
- Cabins: 2
Berths: fixed: 4 Extra: 2
See dimensions beds below.
- Type interior: Classic, warm
- Color upholstery: Blue
- Curtains: (renewed in 2015).
Water tank & material: 350 litre Stainless steel
- Water tank gauge: Vetus
Waste water tank: 100 Litre Plastic
(new in 2003).
- Waste water tank gauge:
- Waste water tank drainpump:
- Deck suction:
Water system: Pressure system
Shurflo pump with expansion tank.
- Hot water: Boiler 25 litres on shore power and motor heat.
- Number of showers: 1
Toilets: 1 Vacuum
(new in 2003).
- Radio/CD player:
Cooker & fuel: 2 burner(s) Spirit
Fridge & power source: 80 Litre Electric
Heating: hot air
Webasto Airtop 3500 Diesel (new 2001)
- In 2015, the entire ship will be fitted with new curtains. The cushions of the stools and the saloon couch were also renewed.
- This year (2020) the beds have been fitted with new mattresses.
- Self-draining open cockpit with sofas. In it storage space. Also storage space in the cupboard under the gangways. Under the cockpit floor the water tank, holding tank and also storage space.
- Rear cabin with a double bed on both sides.
- Lounge with to starboard the longitudinal couch which can also serve as a double bed. Opposite the cupboard wall and also on the port side the steering position.
- Forward cabin with on starboard side the kitchen. On the port side the bathroom with vacuum toilet and shower.
- Forward cabin with a double v-bed. Underneath and next to it several cupboards.
- Salon: 190 (under sliding hatch 201)
- Forward cabin near kitchen: 183
- Bathroom: 179 (measured from the slatted floor)
- Front cabin: 184
- Cockpit (under tent): 192
- Rear cabin: 142
Dimensions beds (-cm)
- Rear cabin: 2 times 192 x 65
- Front cabin: 2 times 195 x 85
- Salon bench: 210 x 110
- Number of identical engines: 1
- Starting type: Electric
- Type: Inboard
- Brand: Volvo Penta
- Model: MD29A
- Serial number: 562713
- Number of cylinders: 6
- Power: 92 hp
- Hours counter:
Engine hours: 2,000
After revision in 1999. Uretent counter has been stationary since 2019.
- Fuel: Diesel
- Fuel consumption: 4 litre/hour
- Gearbox: Velvet drive, hydraulisch.
- Transmission: Shaft
- Propulsion: Propellor
Cooling system: Indirect
Keel cooling. Dry exhaust.
- Fuel tanks: 2
- Total fuel tank(s) capacity: 500 Litre
- Fuel tank material: Steel
- Max speed: 15 km/h
- Cruising speed: 12 km/h
- Fuel tank gauge: Vetus
- Tachometer: Volvo Penta
- Oil pressure gauge: VDO
- Temperature gauge: Volvo Penta
Bow thruster: Electric
Vetus (new 2009).
Battery: 2 x
Starter battery: 190 Ah maintenance-free, domestic battery 140 Ah maintenance-free (both new in 2020).
Battery charger: 25 A
Victron Pallas 12/25 with remote control on the dashboard.
- Inverter: 300 Watt
- Voltmeter: Vetus.
- Shore power: With isolating transformer and earth leakage.
- Shore power cable:
- Voltage: 12V
Navigation and electronics
- Navigation lights:
- Anchors & material: poolanker (nieuw 2015) Stainless steel
- Anchor connection: Chain
- Anchor windlass: Manual
- Cockpit tent:
- Sea rails:
- Push- and pulpit(s):
- Swimming ladder:
- Teak deck:
- Fenders, lines:
- The teak deck was replaced in 1991. Recently several parts have been renewed. The condition of the entire deck is inherent to age.
- Kabalaring (new 2015, Deetman Elburg)
- Kopleguaan (new 2015, Deetman Elburg)
- Flight hatch Gebo (new 2015)
- Sliding hatch saloon roof
- Pendulum window
- Windshield wipers
- Copper bell
- Pulpit stainless steel
- Railing: steel wire sceptres
- Hekstoel: steel
- Handrail: teak
- Bollards: steel
- Cross mast
- Searchlight: stainless steel
- Ship's horn
- Various opening portholes
- Cockpit tent with covers and mosquito nets (new 2015, Dirk Meijerink)
- Underwater vessel blasted and coated in 2010 (Hooghiemstra Uitwellingerga)
- Hull painted in 2014 in Nelf 1-component (Peter Dijkstra Yachtpainting Sneek)
- Superstructure painted in 2015 in Nelf 1-component (Peter Dijkstra Yachtpainting Sneek)
- Antifouling from 2018. In 2019 vertical parts again.
- Paintwork exterior (loose parts) of 2018.
- Bilge pump: Electric
- Fire extinguisher: Not judged.
- Gas bottle locker with drain: Not used as a gas bun.
- Self-draining cockpit: