Yanmar 29 horsepower.. Beautiful Najad 320 with renewed engine and renewed teak deck. Complete and recent navigation, cockpit tent, stove and many recent investments.
Basic data of the Najad 320
- Motorization:Yanmar 29 horsepower.
- Category:Sailing Yacht
- Year of construction:1988
- Material:GRP (Polyester)
- Experience: A day of boating fun, Family holidays, Blue water cruising, seagoing, Weekendcruiser, weekends aboard
- Length:31.82 feet
- Width:10.33 feet
- Draught:5 feet
- Variable draught:No
- Vertical clearance:1500 cm
- Berths:2fixed, 2 additional
- Country: Netherlands
- To view in sales harbour/showroom: No , Jirnsum
- Boat specifications in PDF: Download here
The Najad 320 is designed by Thorwald Karlsson and is built in high quality under Lloyd's by the renowned Najad yard in Sweden (https://najad.se/). The 320 is a nicely lined and very well thought-out design with a pleasant seagoing behavior. The ballast section is almost 45% high, which makes for a large sail bearing capacity. The sheltered cockpit with fixed windbreak and the spacious and beautifully finished accommodation make this Najad a very pleasant boat both at sea and in the harbour. There are approximately 140 Najad 320's built and this is construction number 100.
A Najad 320 is a boat for someone who is looking for a very seaworthy yacht for long(er) journeys but not necessarily the largest possible boat. A boat with more modest outside dimensions is also easy to handle solo or in pairs and also the cost of e.g. a berth, parts or sails are still manageable.
This Najad is a good sailor that gives you a safe feeling even under wilder conditions. The cockpit is spacious and offers good seating. There are two very large cockpits and one smaller one in which you can store everything you want to have at hand. If you have to go forward, the gangways and deck are easy to walk on.
The accommodation is shipshape and very nicely carpentered. There is an L-shaped bench and a longitudinal bench, a good usable galley with large worktop, gas stove, oven and refrigerator, a lockable wet room and a front cabin. There is a lot of closet and storage space which makes it possible to stay longer on board.
This Najad is equipped with, among other things:
- A Yanmar 3YM30 from 2010 with now 1223 running hours
- Saildrive (2010) and a fixed two-blade propeller (2019)
- A professionally stripped underwater hull in 2019 with four layers of Sigma cover, one layer of Sigma Vikote and Micron antifouling.
- Teak on the superstructure completely renewed in 2003 (12 mm).
- Replace teak on deck and gangways in 2019 by a Tekdeck plastic teak deck (5 year transferable warranty)
- Quantum mainsail with Maindrop and furling genoa
- Storm jib on removable cutterstay
- Completely replaced rigging in 2004 and recently running because
- Seldén rodkicker, Hasselfors backstay tensioner and telescopic spinnaker pole at the mast
- Selftailing 2 speeds genualizing
- ST60+ set with Wind, Speed and Depth (all 2013)
- Raymarine SmartPilot autopilot directly on the quadrant with fluxgate compass and ST6002 control (2013)
- Garmin 4010 chartplotter (2010) and Furuno Navtex
- Garmin AIS transponder and Icom radio
- Sony Marine radio / MP3 player with remote control in the front cabin
- 3 x Battery with recent Mastervolt battery charger
- Fixed windbreak with spray hood with stainless steel grab bar and cockpit tent (both 2012)
- Dometic three-burner stove with oven (2012) and top-charger fridge
- Webasto heating
- Neptune mattresses with slatted frames in the front cabin (2004)
- Renewed cabin ceiling
- Renewed escape hatches in 2011 with wind-happers / escape hatch covers with insect screen
- Muir anchor windlass with Bruce anchor on the bow fitting
- Gas bun with armed hoses and electronic shut-off valve
- Partial replacement of valves and skin penetrations
- Until 2022 approved four person life raft in container
- MOB suitcase
- Good sanding list on the hull
- Fully covering winter tent for upright mast
- Middle bollards
- Complete sailing and accommodation inventory
In short, a neat and very complete Najad 320 that is ready for new adventures. Every detail has been well thought out and the boat is both technically and cosmetically in very nice condition. The current owners have always taken very good care of her and have invested continuously. Everything works as it should. There is no need to churn or polish and the boat is ready for departure.
The current owners have had this Najad for 17 years now and their sailing area was the Netherlands, North Sea and Baltic Sea. They are going to stop sailing and are looking for someone who will enjoy their Najad as much as they did. They have experienced the boat as a good and pleasant sailor who made them feel safe under all circumstances.
Héhallozeg is located in Jirnsum where the current owners will accompany the viewings. We have the original brochure and specification list of the Najad 320 available and will be happy to send it to you on request.
Click here for more information
- Designer: Thorwald Karlsson
Shipyard: Najad Zweden
- Hull number: 100
Hull shape: Semi s-shaped
Semi S truss
- Hull colour: White
Deck construction: Grp (polyester)
Polyester with teak / Tekdeck
- Superstructure: Polyester
- Windows: Lewmar in aluminum frame. Two to open (in the wet room and near the galley)
- Cockpit: Aft cockpit
Vertical clearance: 15 m
Approx. 1500 cm. incl. antennas
- Draught: 160 cm
Displacement: 4,900 kg
Ballast: 2,200 kg
Steering system: Wheel
- Position steering system: Outside
- Remote control:
Penetrating balanced rudder
- Keel/Lee board: Long keel
- Layout and spaces inside: Salon and front cabin
- Headroom: 186 Cm.
Berths: fixed: 2 Extra: 2
2 + 2
Type interior: Classic, warm
- Color upholstery: Blue
- Curtains: White
Water tank & material: 240 litre Stainless steel
Stainless steel, approx. 240 l. with two inspection hatches
Waste water tank:
Tank is prepared but not connected
Water system: Pressure system
With electric pump
Toilets: 1 Manual
Jabsco Twist 'n lock (2010), replace both valves in 2014
- Radio/CD player: Sony Marine DX-MR60UI radio / MP3 player with remote control in the front cabin. Two speakers inside as well as in the cockpit. Those in the cockpit can be switched off
Cooker & fuel: 3 burner(s) Gas
Dometic Smev CU433 three-burner gas
- Oven: Dometic
Heating: hot air
Webasto HL32D with thermostats for minimum and maximum temperature
This Najad is the version without the dog cage. Because of this there is a spacious galley with a large worktop and lots of storage space for everything you need here. The galley is equipped with a double sink with running water, a replaced three-burner stove with oven and a large top-loader fridge. You can brace yourself between the worktop and the cabin stairs. The standing height at the cabin entrance is 186 cm.
Opposite the galley is the lockable wet cell. Here is the toilet and a washbasin with running water. In the wet room there is enough storage space for toiletries and the like. Next to the wet room is the chart table with the switch panel, the radio / MP3 player and the Navtex. Under the top of the chart table is storage space for cards and guides and there are a number of drawers under the chart table.
The saloon consists of an L-shaped settee to port and a longitudinal settee to starboard with the cabin table in the middle. The table has two folding parts for free passage to the front and an integrated bottle rack. The backrests of the benches can be folded up to create spacious sleeping areas with a length of 195 cm. and a width of 83 cm. With the railings folded down, there is plenty of storage space behind for your sleeping bag, for example. There are cabinets above the sofas and storage space underneath which is also accessible through doors at the front so you don't have to remove the seat cushions if you want to grab something quickly.
The front cabin is lockable and the bed measures 186 x 195 cm. There is a removable middle section. This bed has slatted frames and beautiful Neptune mattresses for a lot of sleeping comfort. There is a wardrobe to port and a wardrobe to starboard. Also above and below the bed is closet and storage space. With the covers with mosquito nets for the escape hatches and the two windows to be opened near the galley and in the wet room it is possible to ventilate very well. An extra transparent entrance hatch is supplied. With the space below deck and the abundant storage space a long stay on board is possible and the Webasto heater makes it even in the early and late season comfortable on board.
- Number of identical engines: 1
- Starting type: Electric
- Type: Inboard
- Model: 3YM30
- Year: 2010
Power: 29 hp
Engine hours: 1,223
Hourly reading is 1223
- Fuel: Diesel
- Transmission: Saildrive
Saildrive (2010) with fixed two blade screw (2019)
- Cooling system: Indirect
Fuel tanks: 1
Stainless steel, approx. 85 l. with level gauge
- Total fuel tank(s) capacity: 80 Litre
- Fuel tank material: Stainless steel
- Measuring instruments: Tachometer, temperature gauge and acoustic alarm for oil pressure, temperature and charge current
- Fuel tank gauge:
- Temperature gauge:
Battery: 3 x
Starter battery 74 Ah and 2x 105 Ah accessory battery (all 2014) with Mastervolt battery monitor.
Battery charger: 50 A
Mastervolt Chargemaster 50 Ah (2010)
- Alternator: Yes
- Voltmeter: Yes
- Shore power: Yes
- Control panel: Yes
In 2010 the original Volvo Penta engine was replaced by a Yanmar 3YM30 with Saildrive. This engine starts and runs well and is easily accessible for maintenance. Spare filter and impeller remain on board. In 2019 a new Yanmar two blade propeller is mounted. The electrical installation has been renewed where necessary and the battery charger is recent. There are two accessories batteries of 105 Ah and a starter battery of 74 Ah. Water and diesel tank are spacious and the water tank is equipped with two inspection hatches. A holding tank is present but not connected / in use,
Navigation and electronics
- Compass: C-Plath
Raymarine ST60+ Speed (2013)
Depth gauge: Raymarine
Raymarine ST60+ Depth (2013)
Wind gauge: Raymarine
Raymarine ST60+ Wind (2013)
- Navigation lights: Complete, with deck light. Red / green is LED
Raymarine SmartPilot X10 on the quadrant with fluxgate compass and Raymarine 6002 controls
Chart plotter: Garmin
Garmin 4010 (2010) with map EU018R (update 2019) and AIS-B
- AIS: Garmin 600
Complete and mostly recent navigation with everything you need. ST60+ set with log, depth and wind, chart plotter and marine radio. There is a SmartPilot autopilot directly on the quadrant, AIS transmitter/receiver, VHF and Furuno Navtex. Everything works properly.
Rig and sails
Sailplan type: Masthead
- Number of masts: 1
Spars material: Aluminium
Seldén, aluminum. Reinforcement completely renewed in 2004
- Number of sails: 4
Sails material: Laminate
- Main sail: Quantum, approx. 24.5 m2. Tri radial with 2 x reef. (2004, reasonable condition) Maindrop with lazyjacks (2014)
- Genoa: Quantum, approx. 30.5 m2. Tri radial with foam strip and uv strip on back and under body (2004, reasonable condition)
- Furling foresail: Heino Haase
- Storm jib: From 2004 and little used. Lined on the removable cutterstay.
- Winches: 2 x Lewmar 40ST 2-speed genualier, Lewmar 16ST big lap winch and 2 x reefing winch on mast. Three times Lewmar winch lever stainless steel and 3 x plastic
- Manual winches: 5
- Self-tailing: 3
This Najad has an easy to use rigging with a mainsail with lazyjacks and Maindrop and a furling genoa with foam and uv strip. Mainsail and genoa are from Quantum from 2004 and laminate. The rigging has been completely renewed in 2004 and there is a removable cutterstay and Seldén up / down holder mounted. The storm jib from 2004 is lined on the cutterstay. The running rigging is in neat condition and the internal running gear of the boom has been renovated in 2012 with new reefing lines and undertractor. The large bulkhead overflow is not in the way on the cabin roof and there are long nuarails with double cart. There is a Pfeiffer telescopic spinnaker boom at the mast and a Hasselfors backstay tensioner.
Anchors & material: 1 x Bruce
Bruce, approx. 15 kg with approx. 30 m. chain and approx. 15 m. line
- Anchor connection: Rope and chain
- Anchor windlass: Muir Easy Weigh
- Sprayhood: Fixed window with spray hood and zip-on cockpit tent with three parts that can be opened (2012)
- Cockpit tent:
- Outdoor cushions: 2 x Loose pillow and Comfortseat
- Sea rails: Sea railing and divided stern pulpit and pulpit with lowered entry level
- Push- and pulpit(s):
- Swimming ladder:
- Teak deck:
- Fenders, lines: 6 x Fender, 1 x wolfender and 5 x 12 m. fixed with eye
- Cockpit table:
Teak deck on superstructure (2003) and Tekdeck (2019) on deck and gangways, teak on cockpit benches, cockpit floor and cockpit edge, foldable and removable teak cockpit table, Bruce anchor with chain and line, anchor winch, 6 x winch handle, 6 x fender, bumpender, 5 x fixed with eye, fixed window with spray hood and cockpit tent, wells, cock hook, anchor ball, engine cone, thermo- and barometer, clinometer, 2 x loose cockpit cushion and a Comfortseat, Sony Marine radio / MP3 player with speakers inside and outside, pot and pan, crockery, 2 x fender beam with milled out ship name, bow stairs, 2 x escape hatch cover (windbreaker) with insect screen, LED lamp for in the cockpit, fully covering winter tent for upright mast.
- Life buoy:
- Life raft: RFD Seasava 4 persons in container. Approved until 04-2022
Bilge pump: Manual
- Fire extinguisher: Inspection unknown
- MOB system: MOB suitcase and throwing line with buoy
- Radar reflector:
- Gas bottle locker with drain: Gasbun with 4,7 kg. bottle in the sb bucket bench with hoses Boa Gasinox from 2003 with 25 yr. warranty. Truma throttle valve at the stove and instrument panel with electronic throttle valve
- Self-draining cockpit:
Approved life raft with chain and lock, MOB suitcase and throw line, fire blanket, fire extinguisher, stainless steel armed gas hoses, electronic gas valve with double remote control, emergency tiller, deep sheltered and self-draining cockpit, wide and easily walkable gangways, radar reflector, sufficient grip inside and outside, Navtex, AIS transponder, radio, 2 x short lifeline, both valves toilet in 2014 replaced, penetrations and hoses in the port boxes renewed in 2019.
Every effort has been made to display this information correctly. However, errors cannot be ruled out. At the time of purchase, please check the items that could influence your decision.