54 to 280 HP. Newport Bass, Comfort Class
Basic data of the Menken Maritiem Newport Bass
- Seller:Sloep.nl - Menken Maritiem BV
- Brand:Menken Maritiem
- Model:Newport Bass
- Motorization:54 to 280 HP
- Additional category:Motor Yacht
- Material:GRP (Polyester)
- Length:29.53 feet
- Width:10.30 feet
- Draught:3 feet
- Variable draught:No
- Vertical clearance:185 cm
- Berths:2fixed, 4 additional
- Country: Netherlands
- Price:£ 145.086 VAT Paid (€ 159.500 VAT Paid) (starting price)
- Account Manager: Bernard Menken
- Boat specifications in PDF: Download here
General data & basic version all versions:
Length over all Newport Bass: 9.00 metres
Length over all Newport Bass XL and VIPer: 10.25 metres
Width: 3.12 meters
Draught: 1.05 metres
Headroom Newport Bass with spray hood and VIPer: 1.85 metres
Newport Bass headroom with windscreen 2.25 metres
Headroom Newport Bass Hardtop 2.38 metres
Water displacement: 4,500 kg to 6,000 KG
The "Newport Bass" is a professional yacht design by:
Martin de Jager Yachtdesign BV in Schiedam.
Construction Class: Polyester, 100% hand layup, no spraying or vacuum.
Hull:For hull and footwear choice of 32 colours
Deck: Polyester, 100% hand layup with Balsa
Certificate:CE certificate Cat. C, Coastal water up to 6 Beaufort
Lloyd's hull certificate, optional
Cruising speed:6 to 20 knots , depending on motorisation and version
Top speed: 8 to 23 knots, depending on motorisation and version
Motorization: Standard 54 HP, Yanmar 4 cylinder JH series
Optional engines from Yanmar and Steyr up to 280 HP are available.
Control:Hydraulic installation, pierced rudder
Bow thruster:Electric 55 KG/F
Electra:12-volt system with starter battery, separate service batteries,
Shore connection with trickle charger and diode bridge
Extensive Mastervolt panel with switches, fuses, voltmeters, fuel gauge, water tank gauge and fully automatic bilge system
Fuel tank:2*200 litres.
Water: Approx. 300 litres, electric water supply with pressure vessel and taps in kitchen and shower room and 40L hot water boiler (heated by engine), extra outdoor shower.
Grey water: 42 litres (can be emptied in port) or cutting pump (option)
Cabin Newport Bass and XL
- Teak furniture placed on polyester inner shell
- All teak interior parts plus the solid mouldings are silk gloss lacquered
- Various variants and options in the standard interior variants
- Double V-bed in forepeak, including mattresses and filler piece
- Two reading lights above headboards bed front point
- Teak wardrobe with electrical panel
- Fixed sofa with seat and back cushions. Choice of colour Sunbrella:.......................................................................................................................................................................................................................
- Fixed table in cabin with teak top and solid finishing strips
- Halogen lighting above entrance, kitchen and in forepeak
- Shower room with polyester-HPL interior and granite sink top, exterior teak.
- Hand shower combined with washbasin faucet
- Electric toilet 12V, fully automatic with touch keys and dirty water meter
- Teak kitchen unit with several spacious cabinets and drawers
- Granite worktop with stainless steel sink and 3 burner stove (CE approval)
- Large electric fridge (80 litres) with freezer compartment 12V
Many easily accessible storage spaces
- Teak staircase with storage rooms
Bucket Newport Bass and XL
- Steering position optionally aft cockpit or starboard front
- Teak STAZO steering wheel
- Steering position with engine controls and gauges as mentioned under "heartbeat".
- Comfortable sofas, "socially" positioned
- Fixed cockpit table in the U-seat (optionally adjustable to sun deck - bed)
- Solid teak floor in tub with head frames
- Bucket rim in solid teak
- Large accessible gas suspension hatch to engine compartment
- Optimally insulated engine compartment with de-threading
- Many easily accessible storage spaces in the benches
- Tube cover / sprayhood to cover the entire cockpit
- Seat cushions on all cockpit benches. Luxury upholstery of your choice / as an option
The ship is standard equipped with:
- Sikkens antifouling, choice of 5 different colours.
- Waterline - boat top (if desired) in colour white or black.
- Stainless steel 316 bow strip. Stainless steel 316 frogs, bollards and safe holes.
- Fire extinguishers
- Owner's manual and CE certificate
- 2 years warranty or 200 sailing hours
Specifications and execution may be subject to change. No rights can therefore be derived from this information.
be borrowed. At the time of purchase, an extensive set of building specifications is part of the purchase agreement.
Menken Maritiem BV is a member of the HISWA. Delivery takes place under HISWA conditions.
The basic price includes VAT:
9 meter open version € 159.750,-
9 meter closed version 164.750,-
9 meter open version with windbreak, higher tube cover 169.750,-
9 meter closed version with windbreak, higher tube cover 174.750,-
XL open version 184.750,-
XL closed version 189,750
XL open version with windbreak, higher tube cover 194.750,-
XL closed version with windbreak, higher tube cover 199.750,-
Click here for more information
- Designer: Martin de Jager
- Shipyard: Menken Maritiem
- CE-category: C
- CE max weight: 4,500 kg
- Hull shape: Chine
- Deck construction: Grp (polyester)
- Cockpit: Aft cockpit
- Aft cockpit:
- Vertical clearance: 1.85 m
- Minimum height: 185 cm
- Draught: 100 cm
- Maximum draught: 105 cm
Displacement: 5,000 kg
4000 - 6000 kg
Comments: The Newport Bass is the ultimate Comfort Class under the cabin sloops. The boat is available in two lengths and various deck layouts. So whether you want to use the Newport Bass for day trips, weekends or holidays, for everyone who wants to sail a solid and characterful motor yacht an optimal layout has been worked out.
Thanks to the professional design of Martin de Jager Yacht Design, the Newport Bass has unprecedented sailing characteristics. With a 280 hp diesel, the Newport Bass comes fully into plané and reaches a speed of 27 knots (50 km/h). The standard engine is so well insulated that you will only hear wind and water.
If you are looking for a polyester motor yacht between 8 and 12 metres, we warmly invite you to take the Newport Bass into consideration.
- Berths: fixed: 2 Extra: 4
- Comments: The Newport Bass offers unprecedented space and comfort. Where to find elsewhere on these lengths 6 to 8 berths, an STA height of 1.92 meter, an open cockpit where 12 guests can sit comfortably and a spacious kitchen with 3-burner stove?
- Power: 53 hp
- Comments: The standard Newport Bass is ready to sail, with lots of solid teak, teak cockpit floor and including spray hood and cushion set. With a standard 54hp Yanmar, bow thruster and shore connection, the ship is standard ready to sail. With 2 times 200 liters of diesel and 140 liters of water on board, you can get away for a few days without having to come back quickly to refuel.
Navigation and electronics
- Comments: In addition to the standard version, we offer you a wide choice of options and accessories to make your boating pleasure even better.
3 bilge pumps