Original Volvo Penta MD21B in excellent condition, 65 hp / 48 kW. Engine hours: 3.250 h. Famous ánd affordable blue water cruiser, numeral boats sailed around the globe. In excellent condition, recently completely updated, ocean ready shi
Basisgegevens van de Hallberg-Rassy HR42 Enderlein Ketch
- Verkoper:Particuliere verkoper
- Model:HR42 Enderlein Ketch
- Motorisatie:Original Volvo Penta MD21B in excellent condition, 65 hp / 48 kW. Engine hours: 3.250 h
- Lengte:12.93 m
- Breedte:3.78 m
- Diepgang:205 cm
- Variabele diepgang:Nee
- Stahoogte binnen:210 cm
- Slaapplaatsen:6vast, 2 extra
- Land: België
- Prijs:€ 135.000
This yacht concerns a very famous and affordable blue water cruiser, and numeral boats of this type have circumnavigated the globe or have made extensive ocean voyages, among them Otto Gebhard in Solveig IV: “Leinen los, wir segeln um die Welt” 1986 - ISBN 3 550 065655; John Neal in Mahina Tiare II; Beate en Detlev Schmandt in Kira von Celle.
The boat is a very specific Hallberg-Rassy design, admired for her characteristic clean flush deck. A total of 255 hulls were built, Coconut is nr. 19 of the series and offers an exceptional opportunity to purchase an wonderfully preserved and recently completely renewed and updated example of this coveted yacht.
Build under Lloyds certificate by Hallberg-Rassy in 1981, the ship was extensively restored and upgraded by the present owner during the years 2010-2014 in the face of making long ocean voyages with special concern regarding safety on high sea and the ocean. The interior and the technical equipment were thoroughly modernised to make living on board as nice as possible during long sailing trips.
During this years, a total sum of 65.000 EUR was spend on restoration, upgrading and renewing technical equipment, being only the cost of materials without any working hours.
At this moment the ship is a real jewel, in excellent condition and meticulously maintained by the owner.
With a simple upgrade of the autopilot and the installation of some necessarily navigation equipment she is ready to sail around the world.
- Diepgang: 205 cm
- Stahoogte: 210 cm
- Slaapplaatsen: Vast: 6 Extra: 2
Original Eberspächer heating system, type D4L
Original 40 litre boiler heated by the engine or 220V AC
- Complete renewal of all warm and cold water pipes, tubing and filters for heads, galley, showers, intake and outlet sweet- and seawater.
- Re-installation and upgrading of forward and aft toilets, saloon, galley, navigation station, toilet with renewal and upgrading of all lighting fixtures and replacement by 8 chromed ceiling lamps, 8 chromed directional spots and 4 LED ceiling spots above the galley and the chart table.
- Renewal of the inner lining of cupboards with wooden white painted slats, installation of chromed cabin sole hinges, …
2012: the original Baby Blake toilet removed (but completely preserved) in order to create an more roomy and comfortable shower cabin. Installation of a new shower, new warm water – cold water mixer tab, bathroom sink and upgrading of the cupboards inside.
- Replacement of the original plastic laminate kitchen worktop by a Corian worktop with two separated covers for the kitchen sinks.
- Installation of an new double stainless steel kitchen sink with mixer tab for warm and cold water, 1 sweet water hand pump, 1 sweet water feet pump and 1 sea water feet pump (2 x Whale Gusher Galley Mk3)
- Installation of 2 Aquafilta sweet water carbon filters
- Installation of a central grey water collector tank with automatic Whale Gulper 220 pump for draining of toilet and kitchen sinks, and showers.
- Renewal of all gas pipes, connections and tubing.
- Installation two 6 kg propane gas bottles in ventilated compartment, shut-off valve with manometer and electrical solenoid with remote control in the galley.
- Installation of a new van propane gas stove, type Force 10 Gourmet Galley with 3 burners, grill and oven in gimbals.
- New stainless steel flexible stove connecting hose type Boa-Gasinox
- Upgrading of the icebox with 5 cm thick PUR and installation of an new Isotherm cooling SP ASU 3751 system with sea water cooled heat exchanger.
Original inverter 12 V – 220 V, type Powertek
Renewal chart table top in tropical hardwood.
Installation new SONY radio CD player with 2 cockpit loudspeakers and 4 stereo loudspeakers in the saloon (2011)
Renewal porcelain sink and table top, new cold/warm mixer tab with shower head
Complete overhaul Baby Blake toilet (many replacement sets and spare parts on board)
Upgrading of black water tank and installation of an electrical level indicator and outlet on deck.
Owners cabin aft:
Installation of one large athwartships double bed, removable to obtain the original configuration with two separated beds, one on starboard (2 m x 135 cm) and one on backboard (2 m x71 cm).
Renovation and upgrading of all lighting fixtures.
Motor en elektra
Original Volvo Penta MD21B in excellent condition, 65 hp / 48 kW met MS3B reverse and reduction gear, ratio 1.93/1. Engine hours: 3.250 h
Fixed 15” 3-blade propeller, left hand
2010: renewal engine silent blocks and all rubber engine hoses, including exhaust hose. Complete renewal acoustic insulation engine compartment. Installation new engine compartment blower.
2014: Installation 2 automatic fire extinguishers in engine compartment.
2019: replacement rubber Volvo propeller shaft sealing
2 built in fuel tanks in stainless steel (250 + 145 lit.)
1built in water tank in GRP, 750 lit.
Battery loader Sterling 12 V 40 Amp
- Complete renewal and update of the whole electrical system, 12 V and 220 V with replacement of all conductors, cables, fuses, breakers, sockets, outlets, power points, lighting fixtures. All wiring in new cable trays above the waterline.
- Installation of 5 new house batteries, type Victron gel batteries 12V, 100 Ah and 1 new engine battery Moll 12V 95 Ah with complete rewiring of the whole system, installation of new battery switches and installation of an Victron BMV 600S battery monitor. Batteries in closed, vented compartment. Engine and house batteries are on a separated circuit with an emergency switch between the two systems.
- Installation of a new second 12 V high output alternator Balmar type 60-50-SR-IG with Balmar regulator type Max Charge MC-612-H (Ship Support, Nieuwpoort). This second alternator loads specifically the 5 house batteries when no shore power is available.
- Installation of a new shore power inlet, type NEMA
Navigatie en elektronica
Original B&G navigation system type HERCULES system 190 with wind speed and –direction, log; revised by B&G in October 2012 and Mai 2014 (wind direction defect)
Original B&G depth sonar HECTA model M200 DS
Original VIGIL radar, Mars Electronics 1986 (defect)
Installation of a new DSC VHF radio, Simrad VHF RD68:F Atis with fistmike and DSC-D with loudspeaker in the cockpit (2011)
Original autopilot type Cetrek 701
Portable Garmin GPS 76 connected to the DSC VHF radio at the chart table.
Mast, running and standing rigging:
Original removable cutter stay, backstays on main mast and mizzen mast, spinnaker boom and equipment, lazy jacks with sail cover for mainsail and mizzen.
2010: complete renewal standing rigging (Wittewrongel sails, Blankenberge)
2010: renewal both genua tracks
2010: renewal navigation lights (tricolor light) in mast top with xenon flashlight
2010: installation new VHF antenna Celmar and new coax RG 213/m cable through mast
2012: installation new Seldén Rodkicker
2012: installation new mainsheet rail & infinitely adjustable traveller
2012: installation new preventer system
2013: installation new infinitely adjustable genoa lead cars
2014: complete renewal mainsheet system with Lewmar synchroblocks and 30 m Gleistein Gemini 12 mm sheet
2014: renewal lazy jacks with mini blocks
- Fully battened 33 m² mainsail, UK Sails with 2 slab reefs, installation new Ronstan Ballslide system in 2012
- Fully battened 10,5 m² mizzen, UK Sails with one reef
- 160% furling genoa (58m²), UK sails
- Furling jib 23 m², Syversen Sails, in very good condition and almost not used
- Hank-on 15m² cutter stay jib, De Vries, as good as new, almost never used
- Original mizzen staysail, Syversen Sails
- Spinnaker in very good condition
Older reserve sails: original mainsail, Syversen Sails, old and used, original 15m² cutter jib, Syversen Sails, old
Deck and superstructure:
- Complete replacement of the teak deck using 12 mm thick, 35 mm wide teak slats (Amsterdamse Fijnhout Handel), glued on top of the GRP deck with Simson MSR Construction Adhesive without screws and plugs as to prevent leaking of water in the underlying sandwich construction.
- Restoration of the bulwark teak capping with solid teak where necessary.
- Companionway, chart tables, teak capping around the cockpit renewed, sole and seats in cockpit restored.
2010: renewal stanchions and lifelines (Wittewrongel Sails)
2010: renewal windscreen fixation rail and handrails, installation new electrical wiper
2011: replacement of all deck hatches (Gebo)
2012: installation new anchor winch, Lofrans Kobra 12V 1000 W 10 mm DIN766 with deck controls and remote controls in cockpit and anchor chain clutch on deck
2010: Replacement of all deck ventilators and Dorades (Vetus).
Installation of stainless steel protection bars over the two aft Dorades.
Original Lewmar winches, 2 x 48 ST selftailing primary and 2 x 30 ST secondary winches
The cockpit drains were enlarged to 2 x 50 mm to drain the cockpit as fast as possible in case of a flood.
Electrical horn (2012)
Gas spring on the stowroom & lazarette hatch (2012)
2010: all bronze through hulls were renewed, most of them closed off by means of bronze caps, to reduce the amount of openings through the hull. All sea water shut-off valves were reduced to three: 1 sea water intake for engine cooling, 1 sea water intake for the head and galley and 1 common outlet standpipe for grey water.
Installation of a watertight forward collision compartment.
Automatic Jabsco bilge pump with alarm.
Installation of a manual very high capacity bilge pump at the chart table, type Whale Gusher Tru Deck BP3020, capacity 250 lit/min.
Installation of an automatic electrical very high capacity damage control pump, Rule 4000 Bilge pump type 56D, capacity 12.000 lit/h with acoustic alarm.
3 anchors: 1 CQR 45 lbs; 1 Danforth 26 lbs; 1 new aluminium Fortress anchor model FX-23;
50 meter anchor chain; rescue sling; SOLAS lifebuoy; horseshoe lifebuoy; lifelines; bosun’s chair; sun awning, radar reflector; emergency tiller; stainless steel bow ladder; original cockpit cushions, safety ladder; mooring lines with rubber shock absorbers and spare lines; 6 fenders + 1 very large fender + 1 large spherical fender + 1 bow fender; shore power connection cable; cockpit cover; screens for all deck hatches; many spares for pumps, toilets,