2x MWM-Caterpillar fitted in 1990 have 100hp. unique James A. Silver 58 Motor Yacht
Basic data of the James A. Silver 58 Motor Yacht
- Seller:Sea Independent
- Brand:James A. Silver 58
- Model:Motor Yacht
- Ship's name:Silver Romance
- Motorization:2x MWM-Caterpillar fitted in 1990 have 100hp
- Category:Motor Yacht
- Year of construction:1956
- Last refit:1990
- Experience: A day of boating fun, Family holidays, Suitable for part ownership, Large groups aboard, (Semi) permanent residence, Blue water cruising, seagoing, Weekendcruiser, weekends aboard
- Length:58.01 feet
- Width:13.52 feet
- Draught:7 feet
- Variable draught:No
- Country: Spain
- To view in sales harbour/showroom: No , Barcelona, Spain
- Price:£ 311.273 VAT Paid (€ 350.000 VAT Paid)
- Boat specifications in PDF: Download here
This unique James A. Silver 58 Motor Yacht has been with the same owner for the last 30 years and is now ready to be enjoyed by her new owner. Built in Scotland in 1956, this wooden 'gentelman's yacht' has been taken care of throughout her entire life and modernized with many improvements without losing her original charm and 50's heritage style. Accessing the boat we find a fully automated hydraulic Besenzoni gangway, which sets the standard right away for the level of upgades fitted on this boat over the years by the same naval engineer (who is now retiring), such as a brand new 20kW Köhler generator, a watermaker, new fuel tanks, new electrical wiring throughout, a washer-dryer, fin stabilizers, completely new and fresh bathroom and shower tiles and sinks with Tecma toilet system, modern electronics, new teak deck and so on.
She reflects all the feelings of a Gentleman's yacht and she is ready to cast off.
Click here for more information
- Designer: John Bain
- Shipyard: James A Silver Ltd, Rosneath, Scotland
- Draught: 200 cm
Displacement: 30 tonnes
- Berths: fixed: 6
The aft deck is surprisingly spacious and covered by a bimini. Sunbeds are located on top of the bridge roof and then there is still plenty of space around the bow deck area for additional lounge chairs. As soon as we enter the pass the bridge and enter the salon we have a comfortable sofa recently upholstered with nice fabrics and a coffee table plus a TV within one of the cabinets.
To the aft we have a corridor with the master cabin at the far end, which includes 2 separate beds and its own ensuite bathroom. Then halfway the corridor there is a twin cabin with bunk beds on the port side and a guest bathroom and laundry room on the starboard side. The engine room is very clean and well lit and easy to access from the salon. Forward of the salon we find a nicely equipped galley and the third cabin, which has an escape hatch to the bow deck area and could serve the crew cabin.
- Dishwasher - Washing machine - Oven - Microwave oven - Air conditioning - electric toilet - Heating - Hot water - Fridge - Water purifier - Freezer
Brand: 2x MWM-Caterpillar
MWM-Caterpillar 1990 have 100hp per engine
Engines are Diesel MWM-Caterpillar fitted in 1990 by this owner and have 100hp per engine and very low consumption cruising at about 9 knots. All works done on the boat over the years can be documented with images.
Bow thruster - Electric bilge pump - Battery charger
Navigation and electronics
Radar - Speedometer - Radar reflector - Wind speed and direction - Computer -TV - Plotter - DVD Player - Autopilot - Radio - Compass - CD player -GPS - Speakers in bathtub
- Teak bathtub - Shower in bathtub - Side decks in teak - Runway - Life raft - Cushions in bathtub - Cockpit table - Bathing ladder