2 x Caterpillar 3508B. Built with steel and aluminium construction and designed for low maintenance long range cruising
Basic data of the Hike Expedition Yacht
- Seller:Sea Independent
- Model:Expedition Yacht
- Ship's name:Marcato
- Motorization:2 x Caterpillar 3508B
- Category:Motor Yacht
- Additional category:Superyacht motor
- Year of construction:2006
- Experience: A day of boating fun, Family holidays, Suitable for part ownership, Large groups aboard, (Semi) permanent residence, Blue water cruising, seagoing, Weekendcruiser, weekends aboard
- Length:141.08 feet
- Width:31.99 feet
- Draught:8 feet
- Variable draught:No
- Berths:12fixed, 7 for staff
- Country: United States
- To view in sales harbour/showroom: No , Fort Lauderdale, USA
- Price:£ 7.609.738 VAT Not paid ($ 9.890.000 VAT Not paid)
- Account Manager: Marcel Borgmann
- Boat specifications in PDF: Download here
An ocean-proven passage maker built of steel and aluminium and designed for low maintenance, offering a huge array of onboard amenities & facilities, while offering luxury yacht accommodations along with an 8000 NM range. Large capacity crane on foredeck allows for carrying large tender, motorcycles, submersible and other assorted fun-makers that other yachts in this size range cannot carry. MARCATO will be at Fort Lauderdale, awaiting your inspection.
We are happy to arrange a visit to Mercato for you. Please call or email Marcel Borgmann, email@example.com.
Click here for more information
- Designer: Guarino & Cox
- Shipyard: Hike Metal
- Draught: 231 cm
- Displacement: 472 tonnes
Cruising Speed: 12.5 kn Max Speed: 14 kn Range: 8000 nm
LOA: 141 ft
LWL: 130 ft
Beam: 39 ft 9 in
Min. Draft: 7 ft 6 in
Max Draft: 7 ft 7 in
Fuel Tanks Cap.: 20000 gal
Fresh Water Tanks Cap.: 6000 gal Holding Tank Cap.: 2142 gal Number of Cabins: 5
Number of Bathrooms: 7 Number of Heads: 11
Summary of additional features
1. ABS classed & MCA certified.
2. Dry exhaust, throat cooled mains, gens, & hydraulic power pack.
3. With dry exhaust there is no odor, no generator noise at anchor, and no black ring around toys trailed behind. Guests can use the water behind the vessel at anchor and not be succumbed by odor or soot. Also, the use of the aft deck is more pleasant &ndash no noise & no odor.
4. Black water & grey water vents are located high in the exhaust funnels. Again, this prevents noxious odors from disturbing guests. 5. Generators have hospital grade silencers.
6. Generators are double soft mounted to minimize vibration transmission.
7. Mains have high grade silencers.
8. Mains are 3508b, rated for continuous operation at 1600 rpm producing 1000 hp. Mains have a high capacity oil sump. Mains have extended warranties for 5 yrs (from September
Page 9 or 16
2011)/10,000 hours including electrical controls, zero deductible.
9. Main engines and generators have pre-heaters. Main engines have pre-lube pumps.
10. Reintjes gears allow for trailing, if desired.
11. 4 Ln zero speed stabilization by Quantum Marine.
12. Tank sight glasses used as opposed to having dip tube access throughout the accommodation spaces.
13. Utility compressor in the lazarette.
14. All discharge is via underwater sea bays & dash quiet at anchor, no ring around hull, & no odor.
15. Hull &. Main deck is in steal. Steel welds have the same strength as the plate. No doublers used, only insert plates where required for mounting of bitts, boom, and other hardware.
16. Freeing ports have drip edges so that rainwater will exit through the deck drains, minimizing black streaks on the hull.
17. Vessel designed/built for relative ease of maintenance. All equipment readily accessible.
18. Displacement is about 1 million pounds.
19. Less than 8 ft draft allowing access to anchorages typically oO limits to other vessels. Thus, readily can cruise the Bahamas.
20. All exterior refrigeration has secondary blowers enabling them to function properly in the tropics. 21. Complete helmet station on the flybridge &ndash where helmsman will be when navigating through reefs & in fog.
22. Palfinger Knuckle boom (safe working load 13, 558 pounds/6,150 kg) dash highly capable and maneuverable compared to booms/cranes typically found on yachts.
23. Interior is completely Moating in order to minimize the sensation of any vibration.
1. Sound attenuation material used throughout construction of the vessel. 2. Exercise room is stepped down in order to provide for practical head height for exercising & use of various equipment.
3. Cap rail is 316L crushed pipe and extremely strong and minimal maintenance required. 4. Rub rail is 316L sch 80 stainless steel pipe cut in half. 5. Commercial hot tub.
6. Numerous upgrades/change outs during ABS 5-year reclassification. This was
for preventative maintenance purposes. For example: new a/c compressor/condenser units (3), a/c cooling water filter added, new a/c cooling water pumps (2), new shaft cooling pumps (2), new water maker supply pumps (2), new chilled water circulating pumps (2), a/c frequency drives replaced (2), engine room ventilation fan motors replaced (4), list continues.
7. Extremely knowledgeable/committed captain has implemented standard operating procedures, training procedures, quality control procedures, detailed maintenance logs, detailed operational logs, inventory control, and documentation control. The vessel is maintained in a pristine, showboat condition, and ready to go at all times. 8. All table pedestals are stainless steel pipe welded to the deck &ndash they will not move.
9. All interior doors are 1 3⁄4in thick with heavy duty, high end hardware and elastomeric stops.
10. All crown molding, base molding & millwork are custom cut, and butt joined, glued & doweled/wafered.
11. All interior doors have high end magnetic by stops.
12. Interior mahogany is all book matched.
13. All drawer sliders are heavy duty full extension with closures.
14. All drawer fronts have dovetail joints.
15. Full length mirrors in all cabins.
16. All heads have the circuitry to readily handle high amp draw hair dryers.
17. Numerous cubbies throughout vessel for storage.
18. Natural light throughout the interior.
19. All tank tunnels, lazarette, and boson&rsquos locker actively ventilated.
20. Personal safes in all accommodation areas.
21. Ergonomically designed companionways, handrails & bulwarks and all stairs were mocked up before fabrication.
22. Each galley has its own supplemental r/o system for drinking water.
23. Crew lounge/ mess is fitted out with a fully operational galley; including large freezer, large refrigerator, cook top, oven, microwave, dishwasher, & trash compactor.
24. Fresh air makeup for all accommodation areas.
25. Special air treatment/ventilation to prevent odors throughout vessel, tank tunnels, & lazarette.
26. Main galley has its own air treatment system to prevent lingering odors.
27. Main galley has a high capacity centrifugal filtering exhaust hood with 4 individual blowers, and a dedicated air make up to pervent odors.
28. Tempurpedic mattresses throughout, including crew area. All mattresses 80 in length (including twins). 29. All showers & heads, including crew showers & heads are oversized.
30. Ceiling height throughout the vessel is much higher than that found on typical yachts.
31. All heads have individually controlled & piped exhaust systems. This is critical for air
balance, humidity control, and odor control. Individually piping prevents back drafts of noxious air from other locations. 1. Interior engine room access for use in inclement weather that has a sound lock and allows for safe entry during inclement weather.
2. Voluminous storage throughout the vessel for dry goods, personal items, refrigerated goods, and spare parts.
3. Numerous extra hold down sockets on the boat deck and foc&rsquosle.
4. Cell phone amplification.
5. Wi-L amplification.
6. Security system tied in to CCTV, motion detection, and by contacts.
7. High capacity ice maker in the lazarette.
8. Bait freezer on the bridge deck.
9. All decks designed with complete walk arounds &ndash no climbing down the side to handle
lines or clean.
10. Functional cockpit for staging water entry operations, fishing, tender management, and most
importantly, the safety afforded by an enclosed cockpit while accessing the engine room. Also, affords the added prevention of seawater entry through the access door while underway in a large following sea. This is all as compared to an open swim platform with no protection for crew or from water incursion.
11. Rod holders (4) in the cockpit.
12. Hot & cold water in the cockpit.
13. Custom designed boarding stairs for easy & comfortable access from the water to the swim platform. 14. Built in high capacity water softener with auto regeneration for shore side water. 15. Diesel fueling station in the lazarette.
16. Work benches in the lazarette and engine room.
17. Writing & document storage desk in the engine room.
18. Extra VHF radios throughout vessel in order to communicate with tenders.
19. Ships monitoring system, Lre panel, and VHFalso located in owner&rsquos cabin.
20. Custom moldings, veneers, and louvres throughout.
- Berths: fixed: 12 crew: 7
The Master Suite is located on Owners Deck along with a skybar lounge and private deck.
Luxuriously appointed and located one deck above the main deck the owner's deck has its own private aft deck with a stylish lounge/bar. Full his and hers hanging lockers and an expansive head featuring a jet tub and large shower.
4 x Guest Suites
The four guest suites on the lower deck include two spaciously designed queen cabins and two oversized twin cabins with a double and extra long twin.
Dining areas are numerous and provide excellent diversity ranging from elegant formal dining on the main deck forward of the main salon. A large dining table on the aft main deck provides an alfresco option. The breakfast nook in in the galley proves to be very popular at any time of day.
There's a dining table on the owners' deck. The flybridge deck above the pilothouse also features a large bar, a grill and provides a spectacular dining venue with 360 degree views.
Between the guest and crew accommodation areas there is a large exercise room with overhead height to allow full extension of free weights while standing. This space double as a massage spa.
Crew facilities are in the bow.
The crew enjoys a spacious lounge and large galley located on main deck forward and separated from main deckhouse. This galley has its own appliances, a large settee and dining table, desk, TV, DVD, and stereo. This area is accessed via the crew companionway stairs below or from a large watertight by aft from the well deck. This arrangement provides exceptional privacy for the owner and crew. The Captains cabin located aft of the pilothouse. This spacious cabin and private head is close to the bridge and navigation desk.
Three crew cabins are forward on the lower deck and are separated from the guest cabins by a watertight door that allows interior access and passage to the guest companionway for service and passage in inclement weather. The crew cabins are large with full sized berths, large private heads and showers, and are very well appointed.
Page 4 or 16
Storage space is maximized throughout the vessel with lids accessing compartments in the twin staterooms, crew cabins and crew lounge. Convenient storage area under the forward stairs to crew lounge. Aft deck and cockpit
Longitudinally planked teak decking with margin boards and a 316L brushed stainless steel cap rail that shows that this is not a commercial vessel as one enters the aft deck from the cockpit. Two large cabinets with gloss white Microglass tops contain a U-Line refrigerator with external cooling fan, Franke bar sink with Grohe fixture. Fifteen dimmable overhead lights and four stereo speakers are Mush mounted in the overhead. There is also a security camera and cockpit Mood lights. Two hydraulic warping windlasses and bits are located port and starboard with stainless steel fairleads in the bulwarks. An exquisitely crafted, large, teak dining table with inlays and high gloss finish is mounted on stanchions. A built-in lounge seat is facing forward and moveable chairs face aft to easily accommodate twelve at the table for dining under the covered aft deck. Cockpit
Large cockpit with stainless capped bulwarks and transom door provide easy access to the full-beam swim platform for easy access to tenders and Moating docks. Towing bits and fairleads are 316L stainless steel. A removable sunshade provides shelter from sun or rain. Access to the lazarette via an oversized watertight door provides easy access to line storage, water sports equipment, ice machine, tender fueling station and engine room access. Fishing rod holders are mounted in the bulwark might as well troll dinner on a passage.
Located on the 02 deck allowing superb visibility and excellent comfort at sea due to the house aft configuration. Pilothouse windows are raked forward and equipped with de-fogging vents and Wynn Marine window wipers with washers. Port and starboard pilothouse doors allow easy access to wing control stations and external stairway to upper and lower decks. There is a raised seating area aft of the helm area, a navigation desk and proper chart table with full size chart storage drawers. An excellent array of navigation and communication electronics with complete redundancy is installed and ergonomically arranged for long passages.
- 2017 Elan system throughout with easy use control interfaces including hand held controller, iPads and wall attached devices
- New large LED TV's in all common areas (main saloon, sky lounge and outdoor TV on the sky deck)
- Movie server available to all guest rooms and common areas with a thousand + movie library of over 5,000 titles
. - AV systems supports access from guest mobile devices via Apple Airplay and Bluetooth so guests can enjoy their private movie and music collections. - DirectTV receivers available in all guest and common areas TV's providing service for both North America and Latin America
. - Sonos Music Server available in all guest and common areas
- Brand: 2x CAT Engine Model: 3508B
Engine Make: CAT Engine Model: 3508B
Primary Engines: Inboard Drive Type: Shaft Drive Engine Year: 2006
Power: 1000 hp Propeller Type: 5 Blade
Engine Make: CAT Engine Model: 3508B
Primary Engines: Inboard Drive Type: Shaft Drive Engine Year: 2006
Power: 1000 hp Propeller Type: 5 Blade
Main Engines 2 x 1000hp @ 1600 RPM Caterpillars 3508B Engine Hours
Reduction Gears: Reintjes free standing WAF542 with 3.52:1 reduction
Shafts & Propellers 2 X 5 blade 60 x 52 pitch
Shafts X 2 4.5 x 20 -Aquamet 22
Range, Speeds & Fuel Consumptions
14 knots (maximum), 325 L/hr (85.9 gal/hr)
12.5 knot (cruising), 200 L/hr (52.8 gal/hr) 10 knot (economical), 75 L/hr (19.8 gal/hr)
(Total consumption excludes 11.3 L/hr (3 gal/hr) for generators) Range
2997 Nm at 14 knots
4182 Nm at 12.5 knots
7600 Nm at 10 knots
Generators and Electrical Systems
2 x 99kW KiloPak generators, 208V, three phase, throat cooled, with electric starts, resilient mounts, soundhields and hospital grade mufflers. These units are exceptionally quiet.
240/208 volt, 3-phase, 3-wire primary system with power supplied through transformers. ABS and IEEE 45 standards compliant
DC Emergency Power Backup. Electrical System for emergency lighting, communications, navigation, alarms, etc
. Shore Power: 2 x 100 amp 208/ 240 Batteries: 4 x Newmar battery chargers
Tank Capacities (Approximate)
Fuel 20,000gals(75,700L) Water 6,000gals(22,710L)
Watermakers2 X WMSQ 2500 GPD Watermakers Inc Lub Oil 567 gals ( 2182 L)
Dirty Lub Oil238 gals ( 916 L)
Grey Water2142 gals ( 8246 L) Black Water 2142 gals ( 8246 L) Ballast10,000 gals (37,800 L)
Stabilizers and other ancillary systems
Quantum Hydraulic Systems powering wind welds, stabilizers and bowthruster Steering System Jastram
Bow Thruster Quantum
Stabilizers Quantum Hydraulic System with 4 Lns/Zero speed Fuel Filters Dual Racors on main engines
Fuel Oil Separators Alpha Laval Fuel Centrifuge MAB 103 Fire/Bilge Pump MP Flomax Pumps x 2
Boilers Rheem Non-metallic - 2 each at 105 gal
Sewage Treatment Headhunter sewage treatment system WC's Headhunter
Air conditioning Cruiseaire 30 tons, 3 compressors, 360,000 BTU, HVAC chilled water system with frequency drives
Ventilation Delta T Air system. 2 x Fresh Air make up system 2 x air compressors
Navigation and electronics
Communication Equipment GMDSS Equipped & Certified SATCOM SEATEL Md 4006 V-Sat
MINI- M KVH Tracphone 252
VHF Radiotelephones ICOM IC M602
SSB Radio telephone Furuno FS 2570 Telephone Exchange Panasonic KX-TDA 100 Intercom System Built into phone system Navigation Equipment
Magnetic Compass Ritchie Gyro Compass Simrad RGC50 Automatic Pilot Simrad AP50 Log B&G Hydra 2000
Echo Sounder B&G Hydra 2000 and Northstar Radar Furuno FAR 2117 Black box X -Band
Furuno FAR 2137S Black Box S-Band Chart Plotter Nobeltec
GPS 2 x Northstar
6000i 1 x Furuno
NAVTEX Furuno Navtex NX700 A Wind Instruments B&G
Other AIS and Furuno AIS 150
1 x Furuno
Furuno Navtex NX700 A B&G AIS and Furuno AIS 150
Dual anchoring system on the foredeck featuring hydraulic winches with chain cats and windlass drums, handwheel brakes and tensioners, chain stops, stainless steel spurling tubes and anchor chain wash. Two fiberglass dunnage boxes are on foredeck. Twelve 316L stainless steel Mush threaded deck sockets for removable padeyes on foredeck and twenty eight on well deck. Vapor proof deck lighting and Mood lights on all exterior decks. Standard Mush container receivers hold tender cradles, containers or other deck equipment and allow easy change over for different expeditions. Two hydraulic stern warping windlasses on aft deck. Bridge deck wing control stations port and starboard. Fire mains with hoses and nozzles located on each deck. Two life rafts on 01 level aft deck.
Anchor Windlass MUIR VRC 15000 Aft Warping Capstans MUIR VC 6000 Ground Tackle
poole anchors 590 KG and 165 M 26 mm stud link chain per side
Boat Crane & Davits Palfinger Marine 4800M hydraulic knuckle boom crane rigged with Spectra cable that can launch on either side of vessel and allows for reduced hook to boom cable lengths for safer handling. All tenders are rigged for single point lifting. Safe working load 13, 558 pounds (6,150 kg). Side Boarding Ladders Marquipt Sea stairs
Swimming Platform Large swim platform aft with large custom built dive ladder Searchlight. Removable storm covers for windows as per class requirements. Carlisle and Fitch
2008 32 ' SeaVee diesel inboard
2006 23' Nautica Inflatable tender (complete refit 2016)
2 x 2016 Yamaha 3 seater wave runners
2 x Sea Kayaks
Safety Fully Compliant with ABS and MCA safety requirements Life saving appliances to include rescue boat and life rafts
Cantenary lightning protection
Structural Lre protection as required by class and MCA Fire Lighting system with fire mains on all decks
Fire detection system
Fixed Lre extinguishing system in machinery space
Security system with CCTV Cameras, by alarms, motion detectors, tender alarm