Volvo Penta - inboard - MD 6B - 2 cylinder - 1986 - overhauled in 2009. Classic Wooden (Cabin) Sailboat. Originally open Danish Quay point, fully restored 2010. Now again tight in the paint. Excellent sailor.
Basic data of the Deense Kajuitzeilsloep, Wijnglas Spiegel
- Seller:Private seller
- Model:Kajuitzeilsloep, Wijnglas Spiegel
- Motorization:Volvo Penta - inboard - MD 6B - 2 cylinder - 1986 - overhauled in 2009
- Category:Flat and round bottom
- Additional category:Classic yacht
- Year of construction:1928
- Experience: A day of boating fun, Blue water cruising, seagoing, Weekendcruiser, weekends aboard
- Length:17.55 feet
- Width:7.64 feet
- Draught:3 feet
- Variable draught:No
- Headroom inside:110 cm
- Country: Netherlands
- Price:£ 14.695 VAT Paid (€ 16.250 VAT Paid)
- Boat specifications in PDF: Download here
Presumably built in the thirtieth century in Denmark as a Quay point (Quay runner). An open sailboat with skipper who was able to arrange goods on the quay before the mother ship arrived, after a few days. They are specially designed for the short waves of the East and North Sea. These boats were also called whore-walkers. LOD is 5.35m. LOA: 6.72m. Minimum clearance height: 1.20m without mast approx. 1.45m with lowered mast. Clearance height standing mast 7,10m. The hull is pine on oak, copper riveted.
In '62 this workboat was converted into a pleasure yacht with mahogany cabin, engine and deck. From oral tradition this took place at a shipyard in Hindelopen. The classical design principles still prevailing at that time were applied during the construction. It is a fine sailor, also by one person.
The current Volvo Penta diesel was installed in the late eighties.
2008-2010 the wooden hull has been completely restored in the same types of wood at the Noordwijk marina and made breathable again. Interior, deck and cockpit have been completely rebuilt with respect for the proper functioning of the hull. This has been done with waterproof mahogany plywood (treated with West-system epoxy coating) with solid oak and mahogany mouldings. The deck was laid with Marine Cork 2000. The engine was also completely overhauled. Much of the original fittings have been placed back and/or replaced by new authentic fittings. There is an inspection/evaluation report available from Drost Nautic 2010.
2019-2020 major maintenance has taken place including new oak bumper, batteries replaced and a new starter motor placed. Everything is again tight in the paint and is hard through and through.
- Draught: 100 cm
- Headroom: 110 cm
- Berths: fixed: 2
- Two spacious berths
- Water tank 50 ltr. plastic
- 5kg BP Gas Light gas tank in gasbun with drain
- 3-burner stove
- Muggly horn
- Bin lighting 12 volts
- Loose cooler 12 volts
- Basin with 12volt tap
- Motor make / type: Volvo Penta - inboard - MD 6B - 2 cylinder - overhauled in 2009
- Year of construction engine: 1986
- Power horsepower : approx. 10 hp
- Coupling make / type: Volvo Penta / mechanical
- Fuel: Diesel
- Diesel tank 40 ltr. plastic
- Fused electrical installation 12volt and shore power connection 220volt with earth leakage switch and polar warning. Electrical diagram is available.
- Battery charger and battery separator for light and starter battery 220volt
Navigation and electronics
- Navigation lighting
- Mariphone cable present in mast, if necessary mariphone + antenna to be supplied
Rig and sails
- Gaff / sloop rigged.
- Mainsail, genoa, jib and hood (older sails)
- container tent
- anchor box with two anchors
- Brass and bronze fittings and otherwise in stainless steel.
- fire extinguisher
- fire blanket
- alarm gun