Year of construction 1984
Length 38.39 feet
Width 11.8 feet
Powerful Volvo Penta MD30.A1 63 hp from 1984. NEW IN: very seaworthy and well maintained Danish Rose 35 of renowned NL designer Martin Bekebrede. Beautiful Colin Archer like hull
Basic data of the Danish Rose 35 MS
- Seller:Jachthaven Noordschans
- Brand:Danish Rose
- Model:35 MS
- Ship's name:Whale
- Motorization:Powerful Volvo Penta MD30.A1 63 hp from 1984
- Additional category:Sailing Yacht
- Year of construction:1984
- Last refit:2019
- Experience: A day of boating fun, Family holidays, Shallow waters, (Semi) permanent residence, Blue water cruising, seagoing, Weekendcruiser, weekends aboard
- Length:38.39 feet
- Width:11.81 feet
- Draught:4 feet
- Variable draught:Yes
- Vertical clearance:1650 cm
- Beds:4fixed, 2 additional
- Country: Netherlands
- To view in sales harbour/showroom: Yes
- Price:under offer
- Account Manager: Jachthaven Noordschans
- Boat specifications in PDF: Download here
Danish Rose 35 MS:
- Very seaworthy excellently maintained and well sailing Danish Rose 35 by well known Dutch designer Martin Bekebrede with wheelhouse, lifting keel and preparations present for a strikeable mast. This type of Danish Rose has a beautiful Colin Archer-like hull of joggled steel and was the predecessor of the North Sea Cutters by the same designer.
- The boat was built at Jachtbouw Kappa in Terkaple Friesland (NL) with the keel laid in 1984 and completed in 1985. After construction the boat sailed a few years in the Mediterranean and then sailed 2-3 owners around Friesland/Waddenzee. The current owner is the 5th or 6th owner as far as we know and has made several long trips with the boat to the Scilly Isles (England), Brittany (France) and various other destinations and is selling the boat because of the purchase of a larger ship.
- The unique combination of seaworthiness, comfort and ease of use with a lifting keel makes it possible to make comfortable multi-day sea trips at sea, drop dry on arrival and explore the river inland. The boat has been refitted with a new mast (2019), new sails (2020) and clutch (2019) and sails well with increased sail area in line with current standards even in lighter weather. The cutter rig combined with 3 reefs in the mainsail makes it easy to reduce sail when the wind picks up and to continue sailing comfortably for a long time. The hull shape to the model Colin Archer in combination with the deep cockpit and a powerful Volvo Penta engine contribute to this comfort so that the ship has little trouble compared to modern hull shapes of stomping or being lifted from behind by waves coming in behind.
- On long trips and colder days, the front-loaded wheelhouse, with good visibility and full steering, offers wonderful comfort. With 400 litres of diesel and 400 litres of water on board, the practical range on the engine is 1,500 nautical miles, which makes it possible to sail to distant destinations in one go with (too) little wind. All equipment is recent including a powerful hydraulic autopilot. The more than 600 Ah consumer batteries make it possible to stay a week without shore power. The paintwork will need attention in 2-3 years, which also gives the buyer the opportunity to leave the current calm colour scheme as it is or to adapt it to his own wishes.
Click here for more information
- Designer: Martin Bekebrede
- Shipyard: Jachtbouw Kappa - Terkaple Nederland
- Hull number: 1
Hull shape: Roundbilge
Colin Archer jogged steel white hull
- Hull colour: White
- Deck colour: White
- Deck construction: Steel
- Cockpit: Aft cockpit
- Vertical clearance: 16.5 m
- Variable depth:
- Draught: 130 cm
- Maximum draught: 200 cm
- Minimum draught: 130 cm
- Waterline length: 1,070 cm
- Displacement: 12 tonnes
- Ballast: 3 tonnes
Steering system: Wheel
Steering inside hydraulic with throttle. Steering outside mechanical with external throttle.
- Position steering system: Inside + outside
- Rudder: Single
Keel/Lee board: Keel + centreboard
Ballasted centreboard/retractable keel with alarm.
- Drift restriction controls: Electric
- Sword sling damping replaced 2017.
- Anti slip on cabin superstructure 2017.
- Engine major maintenance and clutch 2018.
- Built in autopilot hydraulic 2020.
- Mast and sails 2019/2020.
- Bowsprit 2019.
- Replaced batteries 1 x start 4 x service 2019.
- Lower rudder bearing replaced 2020.
- Engine regular maintenance 2021.
- Last out of the water 2021.
- Separate Dining area:
- Engine room:
Berths: fixed: 4 Extra: 2
2 x forepeak, 2 x galley, 1 x doghouse.
Type interior: Classic, warm
Classic teak interior with nice comfortable blue cushions.
- Color upholstery: Blue
Water tank & material: 400 litre
2 x 150 litre stainless steel tanks and 2 x 50 litre plastic tanks.
Waste water tank:
With a choice.
Water system: Pressure system
Number of showers: 1
Outside in the tub.
Toilets: 1 Electric
Electric VETUS (overhauled 2020).
- Radio/CD player:
Cooker & fuel: 4 burner(s)
With pan clips, 2018.
Fridge & power source: Electric
Dometic compressor, 2018.
- Number of identical engines: 1
- Starting type: Electric
- Type: Inboard
- Brand: Volvo Penta
- Model: MD30.A1
- Year: 1984
- Power: 63 hp
- Fuel: Diesel
- Transmission: Shaft
Grease lubricated propeller shaft with grease pot, 3 blade fixed propeller polished in 2020, propeller shaft bearing outside replaced 2018.
- Cooling system: Indirect
Fuel tanks: 2
2 x 200 litre steel tanks with valve and leveller. Double coarse filter and single fine filter.
- Total fuel tank(s) capacity: 400 Litre
- Fuel tank material: Steel
Bow thruster: Electric
VETUS (circa. 2014).
1 x start VMF 120 Ah 870 SAE heavy duty 2019. 6 x service VMF AGM deepcycle 120 Ah 2020. 1 x bow thruster VETUS 83 Ah 2014.
- Shore power:
- Voltage: 12V 220V
Navigation and electronics
1 x Garmin GPS linked to Nasa repeaters (2000 and 2016) + 1 x Garmin GPS linked to B&G plotter (2020)
GPS linked to B&G plotter (2020)
Depth gauge: Seaferar
(Vintage but working well).
Wind gauge: NASA
- Navigation lights: Aqua signal AS34 led (2016) tri-color+anchor. Board lights and steam light (2019).
- Rudder position indicator: Simrad (2020)
NAC-2 with Triton-2 (2x) controller and Simrad RPU-160 pump (2020)
GPS-19X NMEA 2000 (2020), Garmin GPS 78S (2000) and Raymarine (bj unknown)
Chart plotter: B&G
Vulcan 9 (2020) and Raymarine (bj unknown)
SL70 cardanic good working on radar pole (bj unknown)
- AIS: Em-trak B100 AIS Class B Transceiver (2017) met eigen antenne (tevens nood VHF antenne)
VHF: Standard Horizon
GX-1400GPS DSC VHF radio with dual watch function (2020). Standard Horizon GPS DSC handheld (2016)/
Rig and sails
Sailplan type: Cutter
Z-SPARS Z-702 with double anchors (2019). Z-SPARS boom Z-482 (2019).
- Number of masts: 1
Spars material: Aluminium
Rigging steel wire stainless steel 2019.
- Bowsprit: Fixed
- Standing rig: Steel wire
- Sails manufacturer: Allman
- Main sail: Ullman (2020)
- Genoa: Ullman (2020)
- Furling foresail: Furlex 200s
- Storm jib: Ullman (2020)
- Winches: 2 x mast Lewmar 40 selftailing dual speed (2000). 2 x cockpit Lewmar 50 self tailing dual speed (2018). 1 x mainsheet Lewmar 40 self tailing simple speed (to be installed).
- Mainsail: Ullman Endurance Fibercon 8.52 oz with 3 reefs battened 37.5 m2 (2020)
- Genoa: Ullman Endurance Fibercon 7.46 oz with UV battens 42 m2 (2020)
- Storm jib: Ullman Endurance Fibercon 8.52 oz with 1 reef and 3 battens 16.8 m2 (2020)
- Mainsail cover with lazy jacks and loose pants (2020).
- Genoa cover to be fitted separately (2020).
- Storm jib cover loose to apply (2020).
- Doornekamp Woodspecials teak bowsprit glued on (2019).
Anchors & material: 2 x
Bruce anchor 46 kg with 100 meter chain in bow. Bruce anchor 25 kg with lead line loose.
- Anchor connection: Rope and chain
Anchor windlass: Manual
- Sea rails: Stainless steel heavy duty.
- Push- and pulpit(s):
- Swimming ladder: Fixed steps on hull with folding part.
- Fenders, lines:
- Anchor ball.
- Engine cone.
- Teak in cockpit and on benches.
- Life buoy:
- Life raft: Arimar 6-seater offshore (2017)
- Bilge pump: Manual Electric
- Radar reflector:
- Emergency tiller.