Year of construction 1991
Material GRP - sandwich
Length 39.70 feet
Width 13.0 feet
Volvo Penta 43 HP / 32 kW. Well maintained, central electric winch, sails from 2012, plotter from 2016, life raft, sun cover. Nova version, light interior with 2x cabin
Basic data of the Dehler 39 CWS
- Seller:For Sail Yachtbrokers Zuid
- Model:39 CWS
- Ship's name:4 Friends
- Motorization:Volvo Penta 43 HP / 32 kW
- Category:Sailing Yacht
- Year of construction:1991
- Last refit:2020
- Material:GRP - sandwich
- Experience: A day of boating fun, Family holidays, (Semi) permanent residence, Blue water cruising, seagoing, Weekendcruiser, weekends aboard
- Length:39.70 feet
- Width:12.96 feet
- Draught:6 feet
- Variable draught:No
- Vertical clearance:1840 cm
- Headroom inside:190 cm
- Beds:4fixed, 1 additional
- Country: Netherlands
- To view in sales harbour/showroom: Yes
- Price:£ 52.916 VAT Paid (€ 59.500 VAT Paid)
- Account Manager: Nick Dikmans
- Boat specifications in PDF: Download here
- Designer: Van de Stadt & Partners
- Shipyard: Dehler Yachtbau
- Hull number: DEHDEJ23A191 - 490-045
- Hull shape: Roundbilge
- Hull colour: Grey
- Deck colour: Grey
Deck construction: Grp - sandwich
with TBS antiskid, provided with a new layer of gray antislip paint (2015)
- Windows: 3x deck hatch (2 with craquelee, rubber of hatch in front cabin was renewed in 2020), Lewmar portholes (2018) and Lewmar fixed windows (with craquelee)
- Cockpit: Aft cockpit
- Vertical clearance: 18.4 m
- Draught: 190 cm
- Waterline length: 960 cm
- Displacement: 5,900 kg
- Ballast: 2,600 kg
Steering system: Wheel
Whitlock steering pedestal with a stainless steel steering wheel covered with leather and a white cover over the steering pedestal
- Position steering system: Outside
Keel/Lee board: Fixed keel
upside down keel, in 2020 all old systems were removed and then treated with 5 layers Primocon epoxy primer
- Light grey polyester hull with grey striping.
- The ship is type approved by Germanischer Lloyd.
- TBS anti-slip on the cockpit floor, in 2015 provided with a new layer of grey anti-slip paint.
- In 2020, the two plastic air vents on the superstructure were renewed.
- The underwater hull was given a new coat of dark blue antifouling in 2020.
- A lot of major maintenance has been carried out in recent years.
- The Dehler 39 CWS may be called a true cruiser racer. Van de Stadt and Partners designed this boat with elegant slim lines and a beautiful low silhouette. Characteristic of the yard is that many ingenious techniques have been applied. An example of this is the CWS system, but also how beautifully the trim lines have been led underdeck to the middle of the cockpit. The deck is very accessible. This Dehler 39 CWS is a very pleasant sailing yacht with excellent sailing characteristics.
- Headroom: 190 cm
- Separate Dining area:
- Engine room:
forepeak, salon and aft cabin, the port aft cabin could be changed back to a double cabin (mattresses are no longer present)
Berths: fixed: 4 Extra: 1
(after the port aft cabin is converted : 6 - 7 berths)
Type interior: Modern, light
Nova interior: white panelling with mahogany cabinet doors and details
- Color upholstery: Grey
- Curtains: 2020 : Grey rollo's for the windows in the superstructure
- Water tank & material: 400 litre Plastic
- Water tank gauge:
Waste water tank: 50 Litre Plastic
(tank was taken out in 2012, cleaned and reassembled on board, but not connected)
Water system: Pressure system
electric water pressure system with a PAR MAX 2.9 liter water pump from 2009
- Hot water: 2014 : boiler (heated by engine or 220 volt shore power)
- Outside water: Deck wash pump Deck Shower
Toilets: 1 Manual
Jabsco (overhauled in 2018 - there is still a new overhaul kit on board)
- Television: 2020 : JVC flat screen TV with dongle
- Radio/CD player: Pioneer radio/cd player with surround sound (2x speaker under the saloon table, 2x Visaton speaker with tweeter above the saloon sofa) and 1x speaker in the port aft cabin
Cooker & fuel: 3 burner(s) Gas
- Oven: 2009 : ENO
Fridge & power source: 80 Litre Electric
frontloader Coolmatic fridge with a compressor
small freezer compartment in the fridge
- The interior is particularly light because a lot of plastic has been used.
- Striking is the long galley equipped with all modern conveniences.
- Galley (plates, cutlery, cups, glasses, pots, pans).
- There is room for a lot of peaple around the saloon table.
- Grey fabric upholstery in the saloon.
- Wempe Clock, Sestrel Barometer and a designer stainless steel oil lamp on the main bulkhead in the saloon.
- The forward cabin was fitted in 2007 with luxury Neptune mattresses with a slatted base and custom Molton sheets.
- The forward bathroom has been remodeled. There is a sink (with hot and cold water) and more closet space. The toilet has been removed. The original slide-away sink and bathroom door are included.
- The port aft cabin has been changed to a storage room with additional cabinets. This could easily be changed back to a cabin with a double bed (mattresses are no longer present).
- The starboard aft cabin was fitted with new mattresses in 2008. The door of the starboard aft cabin is included.
- A new watertap (hot and cold water) was installed in the aft bathroom in 2020 (a shower hose could be connected to this, but it is not present). The rear bathroom is equipped with an electric shower water drain pump.
- A PAR-MAX plus deck wash pump (with outside water) was installed in 2020.
- In 2020, a Glomex antenna amplifier was installed on the stainless steel radar pole.
- In 2020, the shower in the cockpit (cold water) was renewed.
- There are heating hoses in the ship, so a new heater could be connected to this.
- 220 Volt vacuum cleaner.
- Number of identical engines: 1
- Starting type: Electric
- Type: Inboard
- Brand: Volvo Penta
- Model: 2003 T
- Serial number: 2300851844
the engine was overhauled in 2007 and in 2012 taken out of the yacht and partly overhauled (at that moment approx. 1,750 engine hours)
- Number of cylinders: 3
Power: 43 hp
/ 32 kW
- Hours counter:
- Engine hours: 3,848
- Fuel: Diesel
- Fuel consumption: 3 litre/hour
- Transmission: Saildrive
Propulsion: Folding propellor
Volvo Penta 3 blade folding propeller from 2017 and the original 3 blade folding propeller is present as a spare
- Cooling system: Indirect
- Fuel tanks: 1
- Total fuel tank(s) capacity: 100 Litre
- Fuel tank material: Stainless steel
- Max speed: 7 knots
- Cruising speed: 6 knots
- Fuel tank gauge:
Battery: 3 x
(2x 180 Ah domestic battery (2017) and 1x 74 Ah engine battery)
Battery charger: 70 A
2008: Victron Phoenix Multiplus Combi 12V/1,600W/70A
Inverter: 1.600 Watt
2008 : Victron Phoenix Multiplus Combi 12V/1,600W/70A
- Shore power:
- Shore power cable:
Solar panel: 1.000 Watt
2016 : 5,87 A Soline 100 LX-100M/125/36 solar panel (mounted on top of the davits)
- Voltage: 12V 220V
- 2007: Engine and saildrive cleaned, engine mounts renewed, injectors renewed, Turbo replaced and valve mounted on saildrive.
- 2008: Victron Phoenix Multi Control 16 A.
- 2009: New starter motor and starter ring.
- 2016 : PWM Solar Charge Controller.
- 2017 : Saildrive Seal, saildrive shaft, shaft seals, bearings and saildrive oil renewed.
- 2018 : Valves set.
- 2019 : Last engine service.
- 2020 : 3x 220 Volt outlet with USB outlet installed in ship.
- 2021 : Valve cover gasket renewed.
- Diesel filter with water separator at engine.
- Engine temperature alarm with a check light and oil pressure alarm with a check light.
Navigation and electronics
Compass: Silva 1000
(on the steering pedestal)
- Log/speed: Silva 225
- Depth gauge: Silva 325
- Navigation lights: masthead anchor-, steam, bow and stern light
- Charts, guides: Digital chart for the chartplotter (updated in 2020)
Autopilot: 2012 : Raymarine
(2019 : display, autopilot motor and belt renewed - old motor and belt available as spare)
- GPS: Furuno GPS GP-31
Chart plotter: 2016 : Raymarine A65 Wifi
(in the cockpit under the sprayhood)
Radar Antenna mounted on the stainless steel radar pole at the stern
with additional connection and speaker in the cockpit
- Sony world receiver with cassette.
Rig and sails
Sailplan type: Fractional
sloop 7/8 rigged
- Number of masts: 1
Spars material: Aluminium
Selden mast and boom, stainless steel rigging (renewed in 2008), double set of spreaders and tackeled backstay tensioner
- Standing rig: Steel wire
- Sail surface: 81 m2
- Number of sails: 6
Sails material: Laminate
- Sails manufacturer: Beilken, JiN Segel
- Main sail: 1x Ullman Sails full-battened mainsail with tracks from 2012 (approx. 43m2) and 1x JiN Segel full-battened Laminate mainsail from 1999
- Genoa: 2012 : Van Vliet Sails furling genoa III with vertical battens (approx. 38m2)
- Jib: 1999 : JiN Segel 100% Self-tacking Laminate High Aspect Furling Jib (approx. 24m2)
- Furling foresail: 2008 : Furlex 200S furling system
- Spinnaker: Spinnaker (approx. 96m2) with snuffer
- Gennaker: 2010 : Beilken : Furlable Gennaker (with Bamar furling system - endless line)
- Winches: Lewmar : 1x central electric 43 ST winch and 2x 30 ST
- Electric winches: 1
- Manual winches: 2
- Self-tailing: 3
- 2x Aluminum spinnaker poole. One of these pooles is also usable as gennaker poole.
- 2008 : White Dehler Maindrop System mainsail cover with Lazy Jacks and Off-White genoa cover.
- 2020 : Control buttons of the Central WInch System renewed.
- This Dehler 39 CWS is very easy to operate under sail using the Central Winch System in the cockpit and the self-tacking jib on the foredeck.
Anchors & material: 1 x Anchor Galvanized
with approx. 30 meters chain and 1x stern anchor with a short chain and an anchor line
- Anchor connection: Chain
Anchor windlass: Electric
electric Quick anchor winch with remote control on foredeck
- Stern anchor:
- Sprayhood: sprayhood with stainless steel rods and an extra grab handle, covered with leather (leather is a bit loose). The windows of the sprayhood were renewed in 2020
- Outdoor cushions: 2x red cockpit cushion and 3x grey cockpit cushion
- Sea rails: stainless steel stantions with double-wire plasticized railing wire
- Push- and pulpit(s):
- Swimming platform: polyester swimming platform with anti-slip
- Swimming ladder: stainless steel
- Davits: stainless steel davits (fitted in 2012)
- Fenders, lines: 7x fender and 6x mooring line
- Cockpit table:
- Removable grey plastic cockpit table.
- 2017 : Sun Cover. This can be placed either over the entire ship (from forestay to backstay) or in sections (over the cockpit, over the superstructure and over the foredeck).
- Life buoy:
- Life raft: 6 Person Bombard BIP Class V life raft in container (inspected in April 2020)
- Bilge pump: Manual Electric
- Fire extinguisher: 2x fire extinguisher (to be inspected/renewed)
- Radar reflector:
- Gas bottle locker with drain: The gas hose and gas pressure regulator in the gas bunker was renewed in 2020. The gas hose at the stove needs to be renewed
- Self-draining cockpit:
- Emergency Tiller.
- 1x Orange lifebuoy.