Year of construction 2005
Material GRP - sandwich
Length 39.99 feet
Width 12.5 feet
Yanmar 40 HP / 29.83 kW. Neatly maintained, mainsail+genoa III (2021), refit 2016: hull sprayed, rod rigging, solar panels, boiler, Raymarine i70, AIS. 2017: refit teak deck
Basic data of the X-Yachts X-40 Classic
- Seller:For Sail Yachtbrokers Zuid
- Model:X-40 Classic
- Ship's name:GeluXvogel
- Motorization:Yanmar 40 HP / 29.83 kW
- Category:Sailing Yacht
- Year of construction:2005
- Material:GRP - sandwich
- Experience: A day of boating fun, Family holidays, (Semi) permanent residence, Blue water cruising, seagoing, Sailing races, Weekendcruiser, weekends aboard
- Length:39.99 feet
- Width:12.47 feet
- Draught:8 feet
- Variable draught:No
- Vertical clearance:1925 cm
- Headroom inside:185 cm
- Beds:6fixed, 2 additional
- Country: Netherlands
- To view in sales harbour/showroom: Yes
- Price:£ 155.636 VAT Paid (€ 175.000 VAT Paid)
- Account Manager: Jan-Ward van Dantzig
- Designer: Niels Jeppesen
- Shipyard: X-Yachts of Denmark
- Hull number: DK-XYA40224A505
- CE-category: A
- CE max weight: 1,375 kg
- CE max engine: 40 hp
- Passenger capacity: 10
- Hull shape: Roundbilge
- Hull colour: Blue
- Deck colour: White
Deck construction: Grp - sandwich
with teak and anti-slip on the superstructure and a teak deck (renovated in 2017 - in neat condition)
- Windows: Moonlight deck hatches (with screens and mosquito nets) and Moonlight portholes
- Cockpit: Aft cockpit
- Vertical clearance: 19.25 m
- Draught: 240 cm
- Waterline length: 1,071 cm
- Displacement: 9,178 kg
- Ballast: 3,200 kg
Steering system: Wheel
Jefa steering pedestal with double-spoke stainless steel steering wheel, covered with leather
- Position steering system: Outside
Keel/Lee board: Fixed keel
lead performance fin keel
- Polyester hull, sprayed in 2016 with 7 layers of AWL Grip Midnight Blue coating (slight scuff marks from the fenders are visible on both sides of the hull).
- In 2016 the underwater hull was blasted (all old antifouling layers removed) and preventively treated with an epoxy system.
- Teak on the cockpit seats and teak on the cockpit floor (in neat condition - renovated in 2017).
- Stainless steel rubbing strip all around on the hull.
- On both sides on the deck edge, at the height of the rigging, anti-slip strips have been applied (so you can easily step on board without slipping).
- 6x Stainless steel clamp (including amidships) with extra stainless steel protection strips on the deck/hull edge.
- All cockpit lockers are equipped with an air pressure spring.
- Every spring the underwater hull has been provided with a new layer of self-polishing International antifouling, as well as a new anode on the saildrive.
- This yacht has been purchased as ex-demo by the current owner, so he is actually the first owner and has always had the ship professionally maintained.
Headroom: 185 cm
(approx. 1.80 - 1.90 m)
- Separate Dining area:
- Engine room:
forward cabin and 2x aft cabin
- Berths: fixed: 6 Extra: 2
Type interior: Classic, warm
teak panelling and teak floorboards
- Color upholstery: Blue
- Curtains: white
- Water tank & material: 180 litre Stainless steel
- Water tank gauge:
Waste water tank: 33 Litre Stainless steel
(installed in 2016)
- Deck suction:
Water system: Pressure system
Electric water pressure system. The water pump has been renewed in 2016
- Hot water: 2016 : new Allpa boiler (heated via the engine or via 220 volt shore power)
- Outside water: Deck Shower
Number of showers: 1
1x bathroom with a shower and an electric shower water extraction pump
Toilets: 1 Manual
- Radio/CD player: Alpine radio/CD player with 2x Magnat speaker in the saloon
- Cooker & fuel: 3 burner(s) Gas
Fridge & power source: Electric
toploader refrigerator with a Danfoss compressor
Heating: hot air
Eberspächer Airtronic D4 with blowing points in the saloon and in the bathroom
- The spacious galley is on the starboard side and features a corian worktop and double stainless steel sink.
- Wempe clock and Barometer on the main bulkhead.
- The floor in the entire ship is equipped with anti-slip.
- Blue Alcantara upholstery in the saloon and blue Alcantara mattresses in the aft cabins.
- The original mattresses of the front cabin can be included if necessary.
- Length of bed in front cabin : 2.20 m.
- Length of beds in the aft cabin : 2.15 m.
- 2016 : LED interior lighting.
- 2016 : Flexima Comfort mattresses (with a topping) in the front cabin.
- 2021 : Shower in the cockpit (with hot and cold water).
- Number of identical engines: 1
- Starting type: Electric
- Type: Inboard
- Brand: Yanmar
- Model: 3-JH4E
- Serial number: E-01296
- Year: 2005
- Number of cylinders: 3
Power: 40 hp
/ 29.83 kW
- Hours counter:
Engine hours: 1,500
(New engine hour counter mounted in 2016, it now shows 830 hours. In the years before that the engine was used much less, estimated approx. 650 hours)
- Fuel: Diesel
- Fuel consumption: 3 litre/hour
- Transmission: Saildrive
Propulsion: Folding propellor
- Cooling system: Indirect
- Fuel tanks: 1
- Total fuel tank(s) capacity: 80 Litre
- Fuel tank material: Stainless steel
- Max speed: 8 knots
- Cruising speed: 7 knots
- Fuel tank gauge:
2x 200Ah Mastervolt Gel domestic battery (2021) and 1x 50 Ah Optima Red-Top engine battery (2020)
Battery charger: 70 A
2016 : Mastervolt Chargemaster 12/70-3
Alternator: 80 A
- Shore power: fixed 25 A shore power connection with acircuit breaker
- Shore power cable:
Solar panel: 200 Watt
2016 : removable and unfolding Sunware solar panel 200 Wp (unfolded this is 4 solar panels and there are 2 connection points
Voltage: 12V 220V
(220 Volt via shore power)
- The engine has had a professional service check every spring.
- SD40 Yanmar Saildrive.
- There is a double Racor diesel filter with water separator at the engine.
- 4x 220 Volt socket.
- 3x 12 Volt socket.
- 2016 : Mastervolt Battery Monitor Mastershunt 500 with easyview.
- 2016 : 2x Mastervolt Solar regulator (SCM25).
- 2021 : New engine panel.
Navigation and electronics
(on the steering pedestal)
- Log/speed: 2016 : Raymarine i70
- Depth gauge: 2016 : Raymarine i70
- Wind gauge: 2016 : Raymarine i70
- Navigation lights: 3-Color masthead- (LED - 2016), anchor (LED - 2016), steam-, bow (LED - 2016) and stern (LED - 2016) lighting
- Charts, guides: 2016 : digital Navionics map for the chartplotter
- Rudder position indicator: via autopilot
with Raymarine i70 display (2016), a Jefa Drive and a Raymarine S100 Smart Controller remote control
- GPS: Furuno GP32 GPS
Chart plotter: 2016 : Raymarine E7 Hybrid Touch
(color chart plotter at the steering pedestal)
- AIS: 2016 : Vesper Marine AIS transceiver
VHF: Raymarine DSC 240E
with inside and outside connection and speakers
- 2016 : 2x Raymarine i70 Multifunction color display in a carbon display bracket on the mast.
- 2016 : 3x Raymarine i70 Multifunction color display on the garage roof.
- 2016 : 1x Raymarine i70 Multifunction color display in the steering pedestal.
Rig and sails
Sailplan type: Fractional
Number of masts: 1
Spars material: Aluminium
white spray-painted keel-stepped John Mast mast, white spray-painted boom, Rod rigging rigging (renewed in 2016), three sets of white spray-painted spreaders, hydraulic Navtec backstay tensioner (overhauled in 2016)
- Standing rig: ROD rigging
- Sail surface: 99.2 m2
- Number of sails: 10
- Sails material: Race High-Tec and 3DL
- Sails manufacturer: Hagoort & North Sails
- Main sail: 1x Hagoort (April 2021) Race High-Tec mainsail
- Genoa: 1x Hagoort (April 2021) Race High-Tec Genoa 3 medium/heavy (108%) with vertical battens and an UV strip, 1x North Sails (2010) 3DL Marathon Genoa 3 medium/light (108% - very little used), 1x North Sails Genoa 3 heavy (108% - reefable - very little used), 1x North Sails (2005) 3DL Genua 1 medium/heavy (135% - damaged - Delivery sail), 1x North Sails (2005) 3DL Genua 1 medium/light (135%), 1x North Sails (2005) 3DL Genua 4 heavy (85% - never used)
- Furling foresail: 2016 : Reckmann (drum is mounted below deck)
- Spinnaker: North Sails : 1x (2005) Spinnaker Light (S2) and 1x (2010) Spinnaker Medium (S4)
- Gennaker: North Sails : 1x (2010) A-symmetric gennaker (A-1.5) with a trunk
- Winches: Stainless steel Andersen winches : 4x 40ST and 2x 46ST, fitted with blue protective covers
- Manual winches: 6
- Self-tailing: 6
- Carbon spinnaker pole with a blue protective cover.
- North Sails : dark blue Lazy-Bag mainsail cover with Lazy-Jacks.
- North Sails : dark blue mainsail cover with X-40 logo on it.
- Sea stay bags for all genoa's.
- 2x Folding plastic Maststep.
- German Mainsheet System.
- Dyneema and Vectran halyards (washed annually).
- Ronstan deck fittings, mainsheet overruns, genoa rails, blocks and spiblocks.
- Under the sprayhood there are 6x Spinlock jammers mounted on both sides of the cabin entrance.
- The rigging has been checked annually by a rigger.
- There are some corrosion spots visible around the stainless steel fittings mounted on the white painted mast and boom.
Anchors & material: 1 x 2016 : Rocna 20 kg Galvanized
2016 : approx. 50 meters stainless steel anchor chain
- Anchor connection: Chain
Anchor windlass: Electric
Lofrans X2 anchor winch in the anchor bin, with a remote control
- Sprayhood: Dark blue sprayhood (Flush folding) with stainless steel rods
- Sea rails: stainless steel stantions with double-wire stainless steel sea railing wire
- Push- and pulpit(s):
- Swimming platform: with teak
- Swimming ladder: stainless steel
- Teak deck:
- Fenders, lines: 6x fender and 6x mooring line
- Cockpit table:
- Removable and folding teak cockpit table (size larger than standard).
- Removable sunshades on the boom.
- Removable hardwood gangway with attachment to transom.
- Life buoy:
- Life raft: 6 Person Seago life raft in a Valise (inspected in 2016)
Bilge pump: Manual Electric
1x manual and 1x electric (2016)
- Fire extinguisher: 2x fire extinguisher (to be inspected/renewed)
- Radar reflector:
- Gas bottle locker with drain:
- Self-draining cockpit:
- Emergency tiller.
- Stainless steel folding eyes in cockpit for Life-Lines.
- Life-Line straps on deck.
- Life-joon in holder on stern.
- Built-in safe.