Yanmar 3HM35FC - 30 HP / 22.37 kW. Comfortable Swedish sailing yacht with boiler, Webasto, 5 sails, winter cover, sprayhood, recently renewed: Raymarine equipment, AIS, cooker, mainsail
Basic data of the Contrast 400
- Seller:For Sail Yachtbrokers Zuid
- Ship's name:Big Jim
- Motorization:Yanmar 3HM35FC - 30 HP / 22.37 kW
- Category:Sailing Yacht
- Year of construction:1991
- Material:GRP - sandwich
- Experience: A day of boating fun, Family holidays, (Semi) permanent residence, Blue water cruising, seagoing, Weekendcruiser, weekends aboard
- Length:40.03 feet
- Width:12.14 feet
- Draught:7 feet
- Variable draught:No
- Vertical clearance:1755 cm
- Headroom inside:195 cm
- Berths:4fixed, 2 additional
- Country: Netherlands
- To view in sales harbour/showroom: Yes
- Price:£ 66.359 VAT Paid (€ 72.500 VAT Paid)
- Account Manager: Nick Dikmans
- Boat specifications in PDF: Download here
- Designer: Rolf Magnusson
- Shipyard: Contrastbatar
- Hull number: 8
- CE-category: Exempt
- Hull shape: Roundbilge
- Hull colour: White
- Deck colour: White
Deck construction: Grp (polyester)
with teak on the superstructure and teak on the deck. The teak needs maintenance.
- Windows: 2x Lewmar deck hatch and Lewmar portholes
- Cockpit: Aft cockpit
- Vertical clearance: 17.55 m
- Draught: 205 cm
- Waterline length: 960 cm
- Displacement: 7,500 kg
- Ballast: 3,000 kg
Steering system: Wheel
Whitlock steering pedestal with an 8-spoke stainless steel steering wheel, upholstered in leather
- Position steering system: Outside
- Rudder: Single
Keel/Lee board: Fixed keel
fin keel with a lead ballast
- White polyester hull with a blue striping, a blue waterline and a teak .
- Teak on the cockpit benches and teak on the cockpit floor. The teak needs maintenance.
- Ross handles on both sides of the cabin entrance.
- 6x Aluminium clasp (so also midship).
- In the cockpit there are 4 shallow pantry and 1 deep pantry (to starboard) .
- This Contrast 400 is sold by the 3rd owner.
- Headroom: 195 cm
- Separate Dining area:
Forward cabin with double bed and on the port side a aft cabin with double bed.
- Berths: fixed: 4 Extra: 2
Type interior: Classic, warm
- Color upholstery: Blue
- Curtains: white
Water tank & material: 300 litre Stainless steel
(1x 180 litre tank under the bed in the forward cabin and 1x 120 litre tank under the starboard saloon settee)
- Water tank gauge:
Waste water tank: 80 Litre Stainless steel
(in the starboard port coffin)
- Deck suction:
Water system: Pressure system
electric water pressure system (double pump front and rear tank) for water supply to the bathroom, galley and outside shower.
- Hot water: stainless steel boiler (heated by motor or via 220 Volt shore power)
- Outside water: Deck Shower
Number of showers: 1
Bathroom with a hand shower
Toilets: 1 Manual
2015 : Jabsco (connected to the holding tank)
- Television: Optional : 2017 : Salora with integrated DVD player
- Radio/CD player: Philips radio/cassette player with speakers in the salon
Cooker & fuel: 3 burner(s) Gas
2018 : ENO (with a spark ignition)
- Oven: 2018 : ENO (with a spark ignition)
Fridge & power source: Electric
top-loader fridge with an Isotherm compressor
Heating: hot air
Webasto with thermostat (connected to a separate diesel tank)
- Salon with a U-bench, a 2-piece folding coffee table and a longitudinal sofa. The galley is equipped with a double stainless steel sink, a mixer tap (renewed in 2018), a foot pump (from water tank) and a soap dispenser .
- Clock and barometer.
- The entire interior with a Double Coat Cabin varnished . Bands DVB-T 12 Volt TV Antenna.
Performed in 2015:
- Sink top, stainless steel sink and mixer faucet renewed.
- Wayable waterproof floor covering over the HPL floor renewed.
- Number of identical engines: 1
- Starting type: Electric
- Type: Inboard
- Brand: Yanmar
- Model: 3HM35FC
- Serial number: E-00265
- Year: 1991
- Number of cylinders: 3
Power: 30 hp
/ 22.37 kW
- Hours counter:
- Engine hours: 2,300
- Fuel: Diesel
- Fuel consumption: 2 litre/hour
- Transmission: Saildrive
Propulsion: Folding propellor
2 sheet Maxprop
- Cooling system: Indirect
Fuel tanks: 1
(under the port side saloon settee - fitted with a drain valve) and 1x approx. 80 litre diesel tank for heating (under the floor in the starboard port coffin)
- Total fuel tank(s) capacity: 150 Litre
- Fuel tank material: Stainless steel
- Max speed: 7 knots
- Cruising speed: 6 knots
- Fuel tank gauge:
04-2019 : 5x 120 Ah (3x under saloon settee, 1x under chart table and 1x in the engine compartment in the aft cabin)
Victron Atlas Combi 12V/800W-30A - Defect (remains in Boost state)
Inverter: 800 Watt
Victron Atlas Combi 12V/800W-30A - Defect (remains in Boost state)
- Shore power: fixed Mennekes shore power connection in the cockpit, equipped with an earth leakage switch and a shore power cable (30 meters)
- Shore power cable:
on the cabin roof (but have little or no yield anymore)
- Voltage: 12V 220V
- Yanmar SD30 Saildrive.
- The engine is serviced annually by a Yanmar dealer.
- The last service on the engine was carried out in April 2020.
- Diverse 12 and 220 Volt sockets and a USB connector in the aft cabin.
executed in 2018:
- Saildrive checked.
- The shaft of the Saildrive has been sprayed and neatly polished.
- The saildrive shaft retaining rings have been renewed.
- The oil of the Saildrive has been renewed.
executed in June 2017:
- Saildrive oil change.
- Vaporizers tested and nozzle of the 3rd atomizer renewed.
- Exhaust elbow of the engine renewed.
- Motor hour counter renewed.
- Max-Prop folding shoe lubricated.
executed in July 2017:
- Motor cooling water pump overhauled.
- Vetus weed filter renewed.
- Motor cooling water hose renewed.
- Vetus aerator renewed.
- The shut-off valve for the engine cooling water has been replaced.
executed in July 2013:
- Fuel hose at engine renewed.
- Fuel filter housing renewed.
Navigation and electronics
(on the steering position)
- Log/speed: 2015 : Raymarine i70 + transducer
- Depth gauge: 2015 : Raymarine i70 + transducer
- Wind gauge: 2015 : Raymarine i70 + Mast-Unit
- Navigation lights: anchor, steam, deck (defective), bow and stern lighting
- Rudder position indicator:
- Autopilot: 2015 : Raymarine P70
- GPS: Raymarine e7
Chart plotter: 2015 : 2x Raymarine e7
inside and outside
Radar: 2015 : 2x Raymarine e7
RD418D unit and the radardome is mounted on a radar pole on the stern.
- AIS: Vesper Marine XB-8000 AIS-WiFi
VHF: Sailor RT2048
with a speaker in the cockpit and a 2nd horn at the cabin entrance
- R&R Delta 200S antenna in masthead (marine phone/AM/FM).
In 2014-2015 the entire Raymarine network will be renewed, with WiFi and new cable connection with Log, Depht, Wind, GPS, chartplotter, radar (separate and overlay), AIS (separate and overlay), autopilot function, built with the following units which can also be each other's backup (schematic overview is available):
- Raymarine e7 (multi-functional desplay, control and plotter)
- 2nd Raymarine e7 in the navigation corner.
- EV-1 electric compass.
- ICT-5 connector unit for transducers (log-depht-wind) .
- HS-5 Switch - switch box for radar signal on the Raymarine e7 Display.
- 2x i70 Multi Display.
- p70 Display and autopilot clause.
- ACU-400 autopilot control unit.
- Radar RD418D unit. Backbonekabels + Spurkabels.
Rig and sails
- Sailplan type: Sloop
- Number of masts: 1
Spars material: Aluminium
Selden crossed mast, boom and Rodkicker, stainless steel stay (renewed in 1997) with a double set of halls and a hydraulic backstay tensioner.
- Standing rig: Steel wire
- Sail surface: 69 m2
- Number of sails: 5
- Sails material: Dacron
- Sails manufacturer: Lion Sails + Diamond Sails
- Main sail: 2017 : Lion Sails : battened through Pro High Aspect mainsail (approx. 34m2 - 8.52 oz.)
- Genoa: 1x Rolgenua I (1991) and 1x Diamond Sails Rolgenua III (1997)
- Jib: 1997 : Diamond Sails : High Aspect furrow jib
- Furling foresail: 1997 : furling jib system
- Spinnaker: 1997 : Spinnaker (used only sporadically)
- Winches: Barient : 2x 24-48ST on the cabin roof, 2x 27ST on the cockpit rim with worn out electric motors, 1x 36ST at the back of the cockpit rim - with worn out electric motor and 1x 36ST winch already removed - available on request.
- Electric winches: 3
- Manual winches: 2
- Self-tailing: 6
- Spinnaker pole and fittings (not on board but available)
- 16x Spinlock trap stopper on the cabin roof - under the sprayhood.
- Removable backstays.
- Rutgerson and Selden blocks.
- Lewmar bulkhead overflow in the cockpit.
- 2014 : Beige mainsail hatch (V&S Sailmakers).
- Lier levers.
Renewed in 2018:
- Spinlock CAM-0814 stopper for the reefing line of the reefing plant.
- Guided eyes for the reefing line of the reefing plant.
Renewed in 2017:
- Stern and starboard drop guides on deck.
Renewed in 2015:
- Crane line.
- Discs in the masthead.
Anchors & material: 1 x 2005 : Bruce Galvanized
with a stainless steel swivel between the anchor and the anchor chain
- Anchor connection: Chain
Anchor windlass: Electric
Oraca VE1200 (needs maintenance)
- Sprayhood: 2014 : Beige sprayhood (V&S Sailmakers) with 2x stainless steel handle at the rear (above the cabin entrance)
- Boat cover: 2-piece winter tarpaulin (for upright mast, over the boom and the sea rail)
- Sea rails: stainless steel sceptres and double plastic coated stainless steel sea railing wire
- Push- and pulpit(s):
- Swimming platform: with teak. The teak needs maintenance.
- Swimming ladder: stainless steel
- Teak deck:
- Fenders, lines:
- Cockpit table:
- Foldable lacquered teak cockpit table (hanging from the steering position - is removable)
- The teak deck needs maintenance.
- Teak outboard engine support on the stern seat.
- Life buoy:
Bilge pump: Manual Electric
1x manual (in the cockpit) and 1x electric
- Fire extinguisher: 1x fire extinguisher
- MOB system: In the chartplotter
- Radar reflector:
- Gas bottle locker with drain:
- Self-draining cockpit:
- Nood tiller.
- Fire blanket.
- Smoking and CO2 detector.