Volvo Penta MD2003 28 HP / 20.74 kW. Beautiful classic design, teak hull, neatly maintained, marine telephone, refrigerator, solar panel, engine overhauled in 2017, toilet + valves + hose
Basic data of the Mulder Double Ender
- Seller:For Sail Yachtbrokers Zuid
- Model:Double Ender
- Ship's name:Restless
- Motorization:Volvo Penta MD2003 28 HP / 20.74 kW
- Category:Sailing Yacht
- Additional category:Classic yacht
- Year of construction:1938
- Last refit:2019
- Experience: A day of boating fun, Family holidays, Weekendcruiser, weekends aboard
- Length:37.40 feet
- Width:9.84 feet
- Draught:5 feet
- Variable draught:No
- Vertical clearance:1350 cm
- Headroom inside:185 cm
- Berths:2fixed, 3 additional
- Country: Netherlands
- To view in sales harbour/showroom: Yes
- Price:£ 40.554 VAT Paid (€ 45.000 VAT Paid)
- Account Manager: Jan-Ward van Dantzig
- Boat specifications in PDF: Download here
- Designer: Frits Mulder
- Shipyard: Jachtwerf Mulder - Antwerpen - Belgium
- Hull number: One Off
- CE-category: Exempt
- Hull shape: S-shaped
- Hull colour: Brown
- Deck colour: Brown
Deck construction: Wood
- Windows: deck hatch and Goiot portholes with tempered glass
- Cockpit: Aft cockpit
- Vertical clearance: 13.5 m
- Draught: 165 cm
- Displacement: 7,500 kg
- Ballast: 3,250 kg
- Steering system: Helm
- Position steering system: Outside
- Rudder: Single
- Keel/Lee board: Full keel
- Teak hull with an Iroco upper rim and a teak rubbing strake.
- The ship is fully varnished on the outside in September 2019.
- The roof of the superstructure is waterproof plywood with Epifanus primer and lacquer.
- Rear deck is completely renewed in July 2019.
Renewals Restless :
- New Bruynzeel deck on the cabin.
- Part of the deck battens replaced by new teak.
- Front bollard removed, restored and secured with new stainless steel brackets.
- Rear bollard replaced and secured with new stainless steel brackets.
- Deck beam between cabin and front deck replaced by new teak beam.
- Berghout completely replaced by new teak, glued and screwed with new stainless steel.
- Stern from approx. 20 cm. below deck completely replaced by new American oak.
- Stern cover replaced by new stainless steel cover.
- 53 Spoilers replaced by new teak.
- Screw renewed.
- Total costs : € 12,500.
- Three wall pits on the port side front replaced by stainless steel.
- Complete engine overhaul by Mulder Motoren in Rotterdam (including a completely new engine block).
- Reconstruction of the rudder, with new bearing bushes and axle pins.
- Renewal of all hoses.
- New bronze schoefaskoker, with flexiseal and waterinlaatset.
- Total costs € 30,000.
- All white seams in port hull renewed.
- Mast foot mizzen replaced by stainless steel.
- Atomizer left side engine sanded in by Mulder engines because of diesel oil leakage, costs € 296.
- Cockpit: new bridge deck.
- Replace part of the stern.
- Replaced two rafters in the fuselage and installed a new steel floor.
- Block between engine and shaft renewed.
- Two halls of the main mast renewed (oak).
- Replaced the two batteries.
- Three covers renewed : € 740.
- New plexiglass in deck hatch saloon.
- Lower deck port side above dinette/kitchen replaced.
- Deck rafters repaired there.
- Panelling above dinette replaced by oak.
- Replace toilet.
- Cockpit: lower beams partially renewed and a new waterproof underfloor installed.
- Two AGM batteries Cellpower CPC 135.
- Led lamps fitted in top and steam light.
- Replace various hoses at the engine. Replace the Norzel. Costs approx. € 800.
- New frame for the engine foundation.
- Number of rafters underneath replaced/strengthened.
- Three new shock absorbers.
- Headlights, planes.
- New head gasket.
- New gasket knee piece.
- Bow renewed.
- Oak stern partly replaced.
- Hull under water: many seams with new hemp cauliflower. All seams provided with new kit (tyxophalte).
- Clutch overhauled by Mulder at Ridderkerk for € 1.062.
- Lower deck between dinette and bed port side renewed.
- New radio.
- New toilet. Jabsco with extra water lock (€139).
- New foundation for the rear bollard.
- Almost all oak beams under the aft deck renewed.
- New underdeck there from 15 years warrantyplex.
- Flexible solar panel of about 60 Watt and a controller.
- New head gasket engine.
- All atomizers extorted.
- A vaporizer renewed.
- A nozzle renewed.
- New fuel tap.
- New switch block for electricity at the engine.
- Eight new rafters under the mast foot.
- New rafter above the heel on the port side.
- Two new ball valves and two new hoses for the toilet.
- Deck hatch guides replaced with new mahogany.
- Three new oil seal rings with stainless steel spring and two stainless steel circlip type J, also made of stainless steel in the quay of the galant.
- New stern tube with new rubber rear axle.
- New main mast halls.
- New aft deck of teak.
- New mahogany block around rudder shaft.
- Total costs € 4.500.
- New plexiglass hatch at the entrance.
- New shots.
- New bilge pump with a new float.
- Hull varnished.
- New waterproof plywood under the teak of the starboard gangway.
- Structure and cockpit varnished.
- Headroom: 185 cm
- Cabins: 1
- Berths: fixed: 2 Extra: 3
Type interior: Classic, warm
Teak and oak
- Color upholstery: Blue
- Water tank & material: 80 litre Plastic
Water system: Manual
Toilets: 1 Manual
2018 : Jabsco
- Radio/CD player: Nikkei radio/CD player with speakers in the salon
- Cooker & fuel: 2 burner(s) Gas
Fridge & power source: Electric
frontloader fridge with a compressor
freezer compartment in the fridge
- 2018 : The toilet hoses renewed (by odourless sanitary hoses) and also the valves of the toilet.
- Number of identical engines: 1
- Starting type: Electric
- Type: Inboard
- Brand: Volvo Penta
- Model: MD2003
- Serial number: FL11908
built-in in 1992
- Number of cylinders: 3
Power: 38 hp
- Fuel: Diesel
- Fuel consumption: 2 litre/hour
- Gearbox: 2015 : Keerkoppeling gereviseerd
- Transmission: Shaft
1998 : 3 Bladed
- Cooling system: Direct
- Fuel tanks: 1
- Total fuel tank(s) capacity: 80 Litre
- Fuel tank material: Polyethyleen
- Max speed: 7 knots
- Cruising speed: 6 knots
1x 135 AH - AGM
- Battery charger:
- Shore power:
- Shore power cable:
Solar panel: 50 Watt
SunSaver-6 Solar Controller SS-6L-12Volt
- Voltage: 12V 220V
- Major maintenance on the engine : 2001 (manifold and head off), 2014 (manifold and head off), 2018 (head overhaul) and in spring 2019 (partial overhaul).
- 12 Volt socket at the card table.
Navigation and electronics
- Log/speed: 1994 : Shipmate
- Depth gauge: 1994 : Shipmate
- Navigation lights:
- VHF: Shipmate RS8300
Rig and sails
- Sailplan type: Ketch
- Number of masts: 2
Spars material: Wood
main mast (1996), mizzen mast (reefed and painted in 2019), 2x boom (both painted in September 2019), stainless steel stay
- Standing rig: Steel wire
- Number of sails: 4
- Sails material: Dacron
- Main sail: Mainsail (old)
- Mizzen: Mizzensail (old)
- Jib: 2x jib (old)
- Winches: Goiot
- Manual winches: 3
- Red mainsail hood, mizzen hood and jib hood.
- Anchors & material: 1 x Plough Galvanized
- Anchor connection: Rope and chain
- Sea rails:
- Push- and pulpit(s):
- Swimming ladder:
- Teak deck:
- Fenders, lines:
Bilge pump: Manual Electric
2x (automatic) electric
- Fire extinguisher: (to be inspected/renewed)
- Radar reflector:
- Gas bottle locker with drain: advice : have your gas installation inspected and gas hoses renewed)
- Self-draining cockpit:
- Gas detector.