Bukh DV36ME - 36 HP / 26.85 kW. Beautiful, wonderfully sailing and well-maintained Finnish Beauty. All teak (outside) renewed in 2018. Epoxy applied and sea cocks renewed in 2020.
Basic data of the Avance 40
- Seller:For Sail Yachtbrokers Zuid
- Ship's name:Flash
- Motorization:Bukh DV36ME - 36 HP / 26.85 kW
- Category:Sailing Yacht
- Year of construction:1984
- Last refit:2018
- Material:GRP - sandwich
- Experience: A day of boating fun, Family holidays, (Semi) permanent residence, Blue water cruising, seagoing, Weekendcruiser, weekends aboard
- Length:40.03 feet
- Width:12.60 feet
- Draught:7 feet
- Variable draught:No
- Vertical clearance:2050 cm
- Headroom inside:190 cm
- Berths:4fixed, 3 additional
- Country: Netherlands
- To view in sales harbour/showroom: No , SOLD !!!
- Account Manager: Jan-Ward van Dantzig
- Designer: Sparkman & Stephens
- Shipyard: Oy Avance Yachts AB ((Larsmo - Finland - hull and deck) & Nautor Swan (Pietarsaari - Finland - complete interior)
- Hull number: 007
- CE-category: Exempt
- Hull shape: Roundbilge
- Hull colour: White
- Deck colour: White
Deck construction: Grp - sandwich
with teak on deck (2018)
- Windows: 3x Lewmar deck hatch with new perspex glazing (2018), lockable sliding hatch. Front deck hatch is also equipped with an exit. 8 fixed windows with tinted safety glass
- Cockpit: Double cockpit
- Vertical clearance: 20.5 m
- Draught: 220 cm
- Waterline length: 975 cm
- Displacement: 9,700 kg
- Ballast: 3,820 kg
Steering system: Wheel
steering pedestal with a stainless steel steering wheel (transmission in steering pedestal with chain and steering quadrant with steel cable) and ha a blue steering wheel cover
- Position steering system: Outside
rudder blade on a fully continuous skeg
Keel/Lee board: Fixed keel
incited antimony (lead) fin keel
- White GRP hull with a blue striping and waterline.
- Clamps amidships.
- Teak grips and 3x plastic air vents (fitted with a stainless steel protection bracket) on the superstructure.
- 1x Prism on the superstructure (above the bathroom).
- The steering cockpit offers a lot of shelter. There are 8 seats in the steering cockpit.
- All halyards can be centrally controlled from the halyard cockpit.
- Lloyds Certificate 300553 from 7-2-1984.
- Since 2010 the ship has been stored in a covered shelter during the winter seasons.
- Central 1-point hoisting system on the keel with a hoisting belt to be supplied, so the ship can be hoisted out of the water with a single hoist system.
- This Avance 40 is sold by the first owners.
Executed and renewed in the winter of 2019 - 2020:
- All old layers of antifouling have been removed from the bottom of the hull and 8 layers of epoxy have been preventively applied. And also a layer of hard antifouling and a layer of self-sharpening antifouling have been applied on the bottomof the hull.
- All through hull connectors have been renewed and new ball sea cocks have been mounted.
Renewed in 2018 :
- Teak on the deck, teak on the superstructure, teak on the cockpit seats and teak on the cockpit floor.
- Headroom: 190 cm
- Separate Dining area:
- Engine room:
Forward cabin with a double bed and in the aft cabin there is a double bed to starboard side and a single bed to port side
- Berths: fixed: 4 Extra: 3
Type interior: Classic, warm
Oiled teak panelling with Louvre cupboard doors
- Color upholstery: Blue
- Curtains: white
Water tank & material: 300 litre Stainless steel
2x approx. 135 litres (1x under the port side of the bed in the forward cabin and 1x under the port side saloon settee)
- Water tank gauge: (sensor has a defect)
Waste water tank: 90 Litre Stainless steel
under the starboard saloon settee and can be emptied (below the waterline) with a manual pump
Water system: Pressure system
2019 : Johnson SPX flow water pump, type WPS2.4 , 9 liter/minute
- Hot water: approx. 30 litres stainless steel Sigmar Marine boiler (heated via 220 Volt shore power)
Number of showers: 1
bathroom with a hand shower (the shower water is collected in a tank, which is emptied under the water line with a manual pump)
Toilets: 1 Manual
Baby-Blake (fully refurbished in 2020) with a porcelain toilet
- Radio/CD player: SuperTech tuner/DVD/CD with 2x RTO 3way Bass reflex CS350 speaker in the saloon and 2x 50 Watt Marine Grade cockpit speaker
- DVD player:
Cooker & fuel: 3 burner(s) Gas
cardanically suspended stainless steel Techimpex with a teak finish/work top
Fridge & power source: Electric
1x approx. 110 litre top-loader fridge (50 x 72 x 32 cm) with a new (2019) Isotherm compressor and 1x top-loader stainless steel cooling box (without cooling - it is possible to make an extra fridge or freezer by installing a cooling unit). Both are equipped with a drain
- To starboard next to the cabin stairs is the galley, in a seaworthy corner unit with amongst others double stainless steel sink, mixer tap, draining rack in cupboard, integrated bread cutting board, crockery cupboard with compartments.
- All berths are equipped with permanently mounted Lee-Cloth.
- The interior is equipped with teak wooden handles for sea access.
- In the saloon is a u-shaped couch at starboard side and a longitudinal couch at port side.
- The centrally placed two-sided folding cabin table has an integrated cutlery tray and a bottle rack.
- On the port side of the cabin there is a bar-cabinet with glass cabinet and bottle compartment.
- On the port side right next to the entrance is the navigation corner with chart table, fixed seater, chart plotter, marine telephone and clear switchboard.
- On board there are 3 hanging cabinets, of which 1 special for sailing clothing is equipped with drainage to the bilge.
- The owners cabin in the back has a double bed and a single cage. In the owners cabin there is an integrated sink, as well as a special closet for sail storage.
Renewed in 2020 :
- In the suction hose (outside water) is a cupboard with a disinfectant, so that the toilet is always neatly cleaned during pumping.
Renewed in 2018 :
- All hoses in the bathroom have been replaced.
- Toilet hoses replaced by Vetus Sanitary hoses.
Renewed in 2013 :
- New salon cushions with a new blue short clipped velour and padded (Alcantara type) upholstery.
- Number of identical engines: 1
- Starting type: Electric
- Type: Inboard
- Brand: Bukh
- Model: DV36ME (1477cc)
- Serial number: 1983/4
- Year: 1983
- Number of cylinders: 3
Power: 36 hp
/ 26.85 kW
- Fuel: Diesel
- Fuel consumption: 4 litre/hour
- Transmission: Shaft
2-blade clockwise rotating fixed propellor
- Cooling system: Indirect
Fuel tanks: 1
(under the starboard saloon couch)
- Total fuel tank(s) capacity: 135 Litre
- Fuel tank material: Stainless steel
- Max speed: 8 knots
- Cruising speed: 7 knots
- Fuel tank gauge:
- Oil pressure gauge:
- Temperature gauge:
1x 180 AH Varta LFO domestic battery (approx. 2017) and 1x 105 AH VMF Sportline RV engine battery (2015)
Battery charger: 30 A
Alternator: 15 A
- Shore power: fixed connection in the anchor locker and equipped with a circuit breaker
- Shore power cable:
- Voltage: 12V 220V
- The Volvo Seal propeller shaft seal has been renewed in 2018.
- The engine is equipped with a fuel filter and an oil filter.
- There are no oil leaks in the engine.
- There are several engine service parts on board.
- If necessary, the engine can be started manually with a crank handle.
- Shore power cable (15 meters).
- The engine has had annualy a professional maintenance.
Navigation and electronics
at the steering pedestal
Log/speed: 2018 : Raymarine i70 Speed
in the cockpit
Depth gauge: 2018 : Raymarine i70 Depht
in the cockpit
- Navigation lights: 3 Colours mast head, anchor, steam, deck, bow and stern lighting
- Autopilot: Autohelm 6000
GPS: Standard Horizon CP300
at the chart table and a Navman repeater in the cockpit
Chart plotter: Standard Horizon CP300
at the chart table and a Navman repeater in the cockpit
- AIS: EM-Trak B 300 Class B Transciever with NMEA2000 and an USB connection
- VHF: Sailor Compact RT-2048 BV ATIS
- The AIS Transciever can be connected to a Laptop or a chartplotter (cannot be connected to the Standard Horizon chartplotter).
- 2018 : Selmar antenna (power 156 - 162.5 MHz)
- Insulated backstay.
Rig and sails
Sailplan type: Fractional
- Number of masts: 1
Spars material: Aluminium
Selden keel-stepped mast, boom, tackle boomvang, stainless steel Dyform stays, diamond stay, double set of spreaders, Jack-stays and a one manual tackled backstay tensioner
- Standing rig: Steel wire
- Sail surface: 77 m2
- Number of sails: 5
- Sails material: Dacron
- Main sail: Dacron Mainsail (old, but usable)
- Genoa: Dacron Furling Genoa II (old, but usable)
- Jib: M-Sails : Dacron High-Aspect Jib with hooks (old, but usable)
- Furling foresail: 2015 : Harken cruising Unit 2 furling jib system
- Spinnaker: Tri-radial red-white-blue Spinnaker (old, but usable - approx. 90m2)
- Halfwinder, bollejan: Halfwind light blue - dark blue (approx. 75m2)
- Winches: Harken : 1x Unipower 900ST electric halyard winch and Barlow Australia : 2x 27ST (genoa scheet winche), 2x 25ST (Jack-stay winches), 4x 24 ST (1x mainsheet winch and 3x halyard winches)
- Electric winches: 1
- Manual winches: 8
- Self-tailing: 9
- Aluminum Selden spinnaker-Pole and Jockey-Pole.
- Complete spinnaker equipment (with single sheets).
- Blue mainsail cover.
- 2015 : Blue furling genoa cover.
- Adjustable (tackle) backstay tensioner with steel wire front delay 1:6 Dyneema.
- Jack-Stays : steel wire lead 7mm with Dyneema lines on the winches.
- 22x Various sizes Lewmar blocks (complete), also some spares.
- Bulletalie 1:5, attachment points on foot rail present.
- Boomvang with stainless steel wire cascade after which 1:4 Dyneema line delay.
- In the mast head is extra (free) mainsail halyard disk, but no extra halyard yet.
- E: 542 I:1436 J:468 P:1591
Renewed in 2018 :
- Main stays 12mm, intermediate stays 10mm Dyform, 4 stay tensioners Hasselfors 3/4, 1 diamond stay in mast head.
Renewed in 2015 :
- 4x 3 pieces Spinlock XTS 8-14mm CAM halyard jammers.
- Maffioli Globaltech 10-12mm halyards (all spliced with shackles) : 1x Mainsail halyard, 2x genoa halyard, 1x spinnaker halyard, 1x topping lift and 1x boom lift.
- Anchors & material: 1 x Plough 20 Kg Galvanized
- Anchor connection: Rope and chain
- Sprayhood: Fold-down Off White sprayhood over the cabin entrance
- Outdoor cushions: 2x blue cockpit cushion
- Boat cover: 1x loose square Blue Performance Sunshade and 1x rain / sun cover that hangs over the boom from the halyard cockpit till the steering pedestal and is secured on both sides to the guard rails
- Sea rails: stainless steel stantions and double-wire sea railing (the upper one is plasticized stainless steel wire and the lower one is plastic/nylon wire)
- Push- and pulpit(s):
- Swimming ladder: stainless steel
- Teak deck:
- Fenders, lines: various fenders with dark blue covers and 4x white/blue mooring ropes (2019)
- Cockpit table:
- Removable and on the leg rotatable teak Lagun cockpit table with an aluminum leg, which can be attached to the side of the cockpit-seats.
- 2018 : Half-open stainless steel pulpit with a teak step platform.
- 2x Blue sails that can be hung between the fenders and the hull.
- Included : Original steel cradle with hull shaped shells on the top.
- Life buoy:
- Life raft: 6 person RDF life raft in a container mounted on the superstructure - Must be inspected/renewed (should have been inspected in April 2012 - has been in storage since then)
Bilge pump: Manual
1x inside (with a 1.5 meter long pump handle at the cabin entrance - it pumps most of the water outside) and 1x bilge pump in the cockpit (renewed in 2020)
- Fire extinguisher: 2x 1 kg ABC powder extinguisher (must be inspected/renewed)
- Radar reflector: Firdel Blipper
- Gas bottle locker with drain: Sealed gas bun with drainage and venting, space for 2x 7kg gas cylinders (on starboard side under the saddle), both gas hoses are renewed in 2019
- Self-draining cockpit:
- Stainless steel emergency tiller on the quadrant, additionally operated via the winches.
- 2x Yellow horseshoe lifebuoy.
- Rescue Joon.
- 12 Volt manual searchlight with a connection in the cockpit.
- Removable Life-Lines on deck.