Back to search results
J/Boats J-Boats JBoats J/109 J109 J-1092
£ 88.046 (€ 99.000) VAT Paid (€ 109.000)
Year of construction 2002
Material GRP - sandwich
Length 35.60 feet
Width 11.5 feet
Volvo Penta 19 HP / 13 kW. Neatly maintained and delicious fast and sporty J/Boats J/109, NKE equipment renewed in 2015, large sailing wardrobe, life raft, boiler, shower
Basic data of the J/Boats J-Boats JBoats J/109 J109 J-109
- Seller:For Sail Yachtbrokers Noord
- Brand:J/Boats J-Boats JBoats
- Model:J/109 J109 J-109
- Ship's name:Jitters
- Motorization:Volvo Penta 19 HP / 13 kW
- Category:Sailing Yacht
- Year of construction:2002
- Material:GRP - sandwich
- Experience: A day of boating fun, Family holidays, Blue water cruising, seagoing, Sailing races, Weekendcruiser, weekends aboard
- Length:35.60 feet
- Width:11.52 feet
- Draught:7 feet
- Variable draught:No
- Vertical clearance:1650 cm
- Headroom inside:185 cm
- Beds:4fixed, 2 additional
- Country: Netherlands
- To view in sales harbour/showroom: No , In Scheveningen - the Netherlands, Contact For Sail South in Wemeldinge for an appointment.
- Price:£ 88.046 VAT Paid (€ 99.000 VAT Paid)
- Account Manager: Lars Piscaer
- Designer: Rod Johnstone
- Shipyard: J. Composite France
- Hull number: FR-JCF19017D202
- CE-category: A
- CE max weight: 1,300 kg
- CE max engine: 29 hp
- Passenger capacity: 10
- Hull shape: Roundbilge
- Hull colour: White
- Deck colour: White
Deck construction: Grp - sandwich
- Windows: Lewmar deck hatches (with small cracks - but not leaking) and Moonlight portholes (with mosquito screens)
- Cockpit: Aft cockpit
- Vertical clearance: 16.5 m
- Draught: 210 cm
- Waterline length: 930 cm
- Displacement: 4,994 kg
- Ballast: 1,769 kg
Steering system: Wheel
Edson steering position with a double-spoke steering wheel, covered with (old) leather
- Position steering system: Outside
Keel/Lee board: Fixed keel
lead bulb keel
- The ship is built of GRP (glass reinforced plastic) with a balsa core.
- By means of the so-called SCRIMP molding process (a vacuum technique which makes the ship and deck are 50% stronger compared to traditional laminating methods).
- This construction method ensures a very stiff ship with a water displacement of just under 4.9 tons.
- The counterweight is over 1,7 tons and is inside the bulb keel.
- The keel has been disassembled a few years ago, after which the bottom of the hull has been slightly strengthened and the keel has been reassembled (Not due to a damage or grounding).
- The ship has 2 water tanks, each about 85 liters, for an ideal weight distribution mounted under the benches on port side and starboard side at the height of the keel.
- The spacious cockpit locker is accessible from both the cockpit and the bathroom.
- The dock box, which stands over the entire width of the aft side of the cockpit, is removable.
- Flush hull penetrations, except from the holding tank.
- The old layers of antifouling were removed from the underwater hull in 2017, after which a new primer layer and a layer of antifouling were applied.
- The ship has been ashore twice a year, once to clean the underwater hull and once to sand down the old self-sharpening antifouling layer and apply a new layer of antifouling after cleaning. At the end of July 2020, the ship was ashore for a new layer of antifouling, a new anode and a professional hull cleaning.
- Well maintained and very complete J/109. The J/109 is a pleasant, stable and fast sailor.
- This very fully equipped J/109 is a wonderful sporty cruiser (which is easy to use with a small crew) and also very suitable as a competition boat.
- The 1st (Dutch) owner had bought the ship during the Cannes Boat Show and had the ship at his home in the South of France. The ship was then as a Cruiser equipped and did only a few sailing trips, so it was very little used. After a few years, the ship was sold to the 2nd owner. In the beginning it was used as a cruiser and then more and more participated in sailing regattas. The ship participated in the Fastnet Race in 2007 and 2009 and was bought shortly afterwards by the current Dutch (so third) owner in 2009. In the first years the ship was sailed mainly as a cruiser and after that the owner regularly participated in sailing competitions, even now-a-days does. Jitters has achieved good results in the last ffew years.
- The complete history of the ship is present.
- Headroom: 185 cm
Front and aft cabin
Berths: fixed: 4 Extra: 2
4 - 6
Type interior: Classic, warm
teak and white panels
- Color upholstery: White
- Curtains: Green
Water tank & material: 170 litre Plastic
(2x approx. 85 litres)
- Waste water tank: 50 Litre Plastic
- Deck suction:
Water system: Pressure system
- Hot water: boiler (heated via the engine or via 220 Volt shore power)
- Outside water: Deck Shower
Number of showers: 1
bathroom with a shower
Toilets: 1 Manual
2019 : Jabsco
- Radio/CD player: Nikkei Radio / CD player with speakers in the saloon and 2x Fushion speakers in the cockpit
Cooker & fuel: 2 burner(s) Gas
Fridge & power source: Electric
with a compressor
- Maintenance-free white Sky upholstery in the saloon.
- Green Alcantara mattresses.
- All wooden parts of the interior are varnished or laminated with white formica.
- Pendulum tarpaulins at the saloon settees and in the aft cabin.
- On board WIFI and coupling with IPAD/IPHONE.
- There are 6 aluminium opening windows in the superstructure, 3 in the rear cabin, 2 in the toilet/shower.
- The waste water from the toilet and shower can either be collected overboard or in the waste water tank and can be emptied at each port at the designated place or pumped into open water.
- 2019 : Toilet hoses renewed.
- Number of identical engines: 1
- Starting type: Electric
- Type: Inboard
- Brand: Volvo Penta
- Model: MD2020-D BT
- Serial number: 5102330626
- Year: 2002
- Number of cylinders: 2
Power: 19 hp
/ 14.17 kW
- Fuel: Diesel
- Fuel consumption: 2 litre/hour
- Transmission: Saildrive
Propulsion: Folding propellor
2 blade MaxProp
- Cooling system: Indirect
- Fuel tanks: 1
- Total fuel tank(s) capacity: 85 Litre
- Fuel tank material: Stainless steel
- Max speed: 6 knots
- Cruising speed: 5 knots
Fuel tank gauge:
2x domestic battery (2010) and 1x 108 Ah start battery (2018)
Battery charger: 25 A
Cristec CPS 300
Inverter: 350 Watt
Sterling Power Products Digital Quasi Sine Wave Inverter (at the chart table)
- Shore power: with a circuit breaker
- Shore power cable:
- Voltage: 12V 220V
- The engine has been professionally maintained annually.
- September 2020 : engine service and heat exchanger cleaned.
- Saildrive membrane replaced in 2015.
- Volvo maintenance package.
- Victron Battery Monitor.
- 1x 12 Volt and 1x 220 Volt socket at the card table.
Navigation and electronics
at the steering pedestal
- Log/speed: 2015 : NKE Speedometer
- Depth gauge: 2015 : NKE
- Wind gauge: 2015 : NKE Wind
- Navigation lights: three colours masthead (LED), bow and stern lighting
- Autopilot: 2015: NKE autopilot with true wind function, 1x NKE Gyro Compass and a remote control
- GPS: Raymarine RN300 GPS
- AIS: AIS class B transponder
VHF: 2019 : Standard Horizon Eclipse Mic with DSC
2019 : new antenna on the masthead
- Weatherfax/Navtex: Navtex
- Night lighting at the chart table.
- Multiplexer to connect navigation software or tablet via "on board wifi".
- 2015 : NKE Processor.
- 2015 : 2x NKE Multigraphic Display above the cabin input and 1x NKE Multigraphic Display starboard next to the cabin input.
- 2015 : NKE TL25 Mast Display.
- 2015 : NKE remote controls and 3x MOB sensor.
- Emergency antenna for the VHF.
- Iiyama Screen at the chart table, where a Laptop can be connected.
Rig and sails
- Sailplan type: Fractional
- Number of masts: 1
Spars material: Aluminium
white Sparcraft mast and a white boom with a Navros rigged boomvang, Rod Rigging stays (replaced in 2018), hydraulic Navtec backstay tensioner
- Bowsprit: Extendable
- Standing rig: ROD rigging
- Sail surface: 59.8 m2
- Number of sails: 17
- Sails material: 3di, Dacron, Smoked Kevlar
- Sails manufacturer: North Sails, Elvstrom, Ulm Sails, Hagoort
- Main sail: 1x North Sails : 3di Endurance Class mainsail (2017), 1x Hagoort : Dacron cruising mainsail (2006), 1x Elvstrom : Smoked Kevlar mainsail (2002)
- Try sail: 1x Hagoort : Trysail
- Genoa: 1x North Sails : 3DI Endurance Class Genoa (2016), 1x Hagoort : Dacron Genoa 3 (2006), 1x Hagoort : Dacron Genoa 4 (2006), 1x Elvstrom : Smoked Kevlar Genoa 3 (2002), 1x Elvstrom : Smoked Kevlar Genoa 2 (2002)
- Jib: 1x North Sails : Norlan Grey Class Jib (2019), 1x Hagoort : High Aspect Jib (2009)
- Furling foresail: Harken furling jib system
- Storm jib: 2007 : 1x Hagoort : storm jib (unused)
- Gennaker: 1x Ulm Sails : A2 Asymetric Gennaker (2017), 1x Hagoort : A4 Asymetric Gennaker (2007), 1x Elvstrom : A2 Gennaker (2002), 1x Elvstrom : Nylon Gennaker approx. 120m2 (2002)
- Winches: Harken : 2x 46.2 AST and 2x 40.2 AST
- Manual winches: 4
- Self-tailing: 4
- 2009 : Hagoort : Code zero.
- Snuffer for the gennaker.
- Extendable carbon gennaker bowsprit.
- Harken Mainsheet with fine tune system.
- Harken Mainsheet track, which is easy to operate from the cockpit edges.
- Harken Genoarails with adjustable blocks and matching Harken fittings.
- Spinlock halyard jammers.
- Taupe North Sails mainsail cover.
- Genoa cover.
- Footrails for the mast.
- 2018 : Dyneema halyards.
Anchors & material: 1 x Delta Galvanized
plus an additional aluminium anchor
- Anchor connection: Rope and chain
- Sprayhood: white
- Sea rails: stainless steel stantions with double wired guard rails
- Push- and pulpit(s):
- Swimming platform: open stern
- Swimming ladder: stainless steel (removable and can be mounted on the stern)
- Fenders, lines:
- Cockpit table:
- Removable anchor fittings.
- Removable Lagun cockpit table.
- Life buoy:
- Life raft: 2009 : 6 persons Bombard life raft in a container (inspected in 2018)
Bilge pump: Manual Electric
Manual Whale bilge pump in the cockpit
- Fire extinguisher: 2x fire extinguisher (must be inspected)
- MOB system:
- Radar reflector: Echomax
- Gas bottle locker with drain: Gas hoses and gas pressure regulator need to be renewed
- Self-draining cockpit:
- 2x Safety line.
- Emergency tiller.
- Stainless steel life-lines.