Beautiful Volvo Penta MD7A overhauled in 2014. Good running diesel 2 cylinder with 14HP.. Very well maintained Westerly Centaur. Inside remarkably clean (as if the boat has not been used for the past decannia). Further sailing ready!
Basic data of the Westerly Centaur
- Seller:Easy Sail
- Ship's name:Wiscile
- Motorization:Beautiful Volvo Penta MD7A overhauled in 2014. Good running diesel 2 cylinder with 14HP.
- Category:Sailing Yacht
- Year of construction:1979
- Material:GRP (Polyester)
- Experience: A day of boating fun, Family holidays, Suitable for part ownership, Maintenance free, Shallow waters, (Semi) permanent residence, Blue water cruising, seagoing, Weekendcruiser, weekends aboard
- Length:25.98 feet
- Width:8.53 feet
- Draught:3 feet
- Variable draught:No
- Vertical clearance:1100 cm
- Headroom inside:185 cm
- Country: Netherlands
- To view in sales harbour/showroom: No , Lauwersoog
- Price:£ 8.805 VAT Paid (€ 9.900 VAT Paid)
- Account Manager: André Miedema
- Boat specifications in PDF: Download here
And yes, Easy Sail has one again, such a rock solid ideal boat for the Wadden, a Westerly Centaur. In our region (Lauwersmeer and Wadden Sea) this is the most common sailing yacht. You do not stand out with a Westerly Centaur, unless you have purple hair with the staff of St. Nicholas in the cockpit while juggling 5 armadillos in the air, then you indeed stand out with your Westerly Centaur, otherwise just not. And that 'just not' says it all. So many skippers choose the Westerly Centaur, so many fellow enjoyers of the water and the Wadden Sea. Logical of course. These yachts can easily fall dry, are well built, have a pleasant interior and besides the Wadden Sea they can also sail on the North Sea, the IJsselmeer, the Scheldt and all other Dutch waters .... uhhh.... sailing. In short, all those other Westerly Centaur skippers know it already, this is a fine sailing yacht. The one Easy Sail has at the dock is really beautiful inside and out, well maintained and ready to join the armada of satisfied Westerly Centaur's skippers again.
Excellent well maintained Westerly Centaur!
In recent years, the following items have been addressed on board:
- 2014 placement of reconditioned Volvo Penta MD7A diesel engine
- 2017 placement new toilet
- 2017 cushions in salon and sleeping cabin reupholstered (look great)
- 2019 new autopilot (autopilot)
- 2019 new battery
- 2019 new depth gauge
- 2019 new Origo stove (spirit)
- 2019 new curtains
- 2021 cabin paint job renewed
- 2021 new floor throughout ship (nice foam floor)
- 2021 rubber sealing of engine hatch replaced
- 2022 underwater ship sanded and provided with new antifouling
This Westerly Centaur is also pleasantly complete:
- mooring ropes
- swimming ladder
- navigation lights
- depth gauge
- handheld VHF radio
- toilet in separate room
- stove Origo
- sink with tap (electric)
- fresh water tank 75 liter
- cool box
- bilge pump
- fire extinguisher
- 12 volt socket (useful for tablet and smartphone)
and much more and more and........
The engine is a 2014 installed completely overhauled Volvo Penta MD7A diesel. This 2 cylinder engine delivers 14Pk,has a fixed grease lubricated propeller shaft along with a 2 blade propeller. The engine starts and runs perfectly. A fine reliable engine with relatively few hours of operation since the overhaul. The diesel tank has a capacity of 45 liters. There are 2 good batteries on board.
In terms of sailing, it is all nicely arranged on board. The sail wardrobe consists of a jib, a genoa and a mainsail with roll / reef system. It is very easy to roll up the mainsail on the boom, which reefs very quickly. All lines, sheets, stays, winches etc. are in good condition. For the boom is a sail cover present. There is also an attachment on deck for a possible sprayhood. Furthermore, this Westerly Centaur is equipped with a mast lowering installation.
A remarkably neat boat that is ready for a new skipper.
For our foreign visitors; we speak English, und natürlich auch Deutsch.
This ad has been compiled with the greatest possible care, however, no rights can be derived from its content.
This Westerly Centaur is located in Lauwersoog at the dock and can be visited by appointment only.
Click here for more information
- Vertical clearance: 11 m
- Draught: 90 cm
- Headroom: 185 cm
- Berths: fixed: 6