classic speedboat runabout Spiboot Taifun Swiss build
Basic data of the Spiboot Taifun Junior Speedboat UNIQUE!
- Seller:Classic Boats Amsterdam
- Model:Taifun Junior Speedboat UNIQUE!
- Category:Traditional/classic motor boat
- Additional category:Speedboat and sport cruiser
- Year of construction:1965
- Last refit:2015
- Experience: Dinghy, children's boat, A day of boating fun, Fast motorboating
- Length:18.04 feet
- Width:5.25 feet
- Draught:1 feet
- Variable draught:No
- Country: Netherlands
- To view in sales harbour/showroom: Yes
- Price:£ 10.918 VAT Paid (€ 12.500 VAT Paid)
- Account Manager: Bart Mikmak
- Boat specifications in PDF: Download here
Up for OFFERS.
In absolute great condition, classic speed boat built by the Swiss yard Spiboot. This yard built mainly aluminium sports boats after WW2 until the late 1960’s. Inspired by classic American cars, boats were built with a typical retro look and so-called “rocket wings”. Documentation such as posters and catalogues of the yard are available on request. The yard is no longer active, the children of the owner can still be contacted.
This model, the 'Taifun Junior', was completely restored in the summer of 2014.
Documentation and pictures of the restoration process are available. This is some of the work carried out:
- complete new paint
- new upholstery and interior
- the interior can be folded into a sun deck
- all aluminium parts have been polished
- new electrical installation (lighting etc.)
- basically this boat is brand new
At the moment the boat has a 40 HP mercury (2-stroke) outboard engine. This can naturally be replaced for another model with for example, more/less HP or for an electric one.
Dimensions - L x W = 5.5 m x 1.6 m
Used for 2 seasons since the restoration. Always in dry storage during winter. I am probably the 4th owner (the previous owner was Herman v Boeijen from the Dutch band Vitesse which included Herman Brood). See also: https://nl.wikipedia.org/wiki/Herman_van_Boeyen
See photos for an impression. More photos can be sent upon request.
- Brand: Spiboot
- Type Taifun Junior
- Manufacturing year: 1960
- Mooring place: Amsterdam, the Netherlands
- In the water
- Crane available: Yes
- Length: 5.5 m
- Width: 1.6 m
- Draught: 0.2 m
- Weight: 200 kg
- Hull material: aluminium
- Hull shape: V-bottom, chine
- Engine: outboard
- Fuel: petrol
- Engine: 1
- Comfort: battery, navigation lights,
- Maintenance: totally restored in 2014
- Latest antifouling: 2015.
Trailer/outboard engine: both included
contact: firstname.lastname@example.org for inquiries, questions, interest or call + 316 39 39 65 71
Click here for more information
- Draught: 20 cm
- Berths: fixed: 0