A true globetrotter!
Basic data of the Stadtship 70
- Seller:CB Selections
- Ship's name:Red Rooster
- Category:Sailing Yacht
- Additional category:Sailing Yacht
- Year of construction:2008
- Length:68.90 feet
- Width:16.73 feet
- Draught:10 feet
- Variable draught:No
- Vertical clearance:2700 cm
- Beds:9fixed, 2 additional
- Country: Netherlands
- To view in sales harbour/showroom: No , Stavoren - NL
- Price:£ 978.285 VAT Paid (€ 1.100.000 VAT Paid)
- Boat specifications in PDF: Download here
The Stadtship 70 "Red Rooster", build by K&M Yachtbuilders, is a true unique piece.The design brief was simple: Built me a yacht that offers good sailing performance while being a comfortable passage maker. She should have a spacious interior, a separate accommodation for a crew of two and a considerable number of berths for guests. She is custom built with much input from the owner, an experienced yachtsman. A remarkable feature of this yacht is an extensive pneumatic system for operating: bow thruster, fuel system, waste system, cockpit table, pneumatic tools, bowsprit, transom door, water pressure system and an "airbag system" to keep her a float incase of a collision. Her powerfull carbon mast & boom, in combination with the watertanks which can be used as waterbalast, are a guarantee for excellent performance! She offers 4 cabins, 4 bathrooms, a spacious saloon and a very well equiped kitchen. "Red Rooster" has a proven track record in the northern hemispheres and as well in warmer climates like the Med and the Azores. She is in an impeccable condition and absolututly worth a visit! Hand over can take place in July 2023. Please note this is a preliminary brochure!
Click here for more information
- Designer: Stadtdesign
Shipyard: KM Yachtbuilders
KM Yachtbuilders - The Netherlands
CE-A: unlimited ocean going
Hull shape: Roundbilge
Round bilged hull in Aluminium
- Hull colour: Blue
Deck construction: Aluminium
Aluminium deck, covered with Ecodeck (artificial "teak" decking, from approx. 2018)
- Cockpit: Aft cockpit
Vertical clearance: 27 m
- Draught: 290 cm
- Displacement: Approx. 30 tonnes
- Ballast: Approx. 9 tonnes
Steering system: Wheel
Jefa wheel steering
- Position steering system: Outside
- Rudder: lead-ballasted bulb keel
- Keel/Lee board: Fixed keel
Van de Stadt designed a relatively narrow and light yacht with a long waterline, a relative flat underwater hull with a lead-ballasted bulb keel (2.90 m) and water ballast tanks (2 x 1500 ltr.). These specifications, enhanced by a generous sail area of 230 m2 and a carbon mast and Park Avenue boom, make for a fast sailing yacht. The two cockpits are a distinctive feature on this yacht's deck. The "working cockpit" contains the steering wheel and the winches, halyards and sheets to sail the yacht. The other cockpit offers space to sit wellprotected under the doghouse, enjoy the sailing and is foreseen of a pneumatic lifting table. All halyards are led aft below the deck from the mast to the working cockpit. The dinghy, with a length of 2.75 m, is stored in the garage, behind the bathing platform in the transom.
- Layout and spaces inside: Spacious saloon with large u-shaped settee, chart table, kitchen, day toilet, etc.
- Cabins: Ownerscabin with en-suite bathroom in front, bunkbeds in starboard to front, cabin with double bed + top bed and en-suite bathroom in port aft and bunkbeds with en-suite bathroom in starboard aft.
Berths: fixed: 9 Extra: 2
9 berths plus two in saloon
Type interior: Modern, wood look
Light, maintenance free and scratch-resistant artificial material combined with mahogany interior.
- Color upholstery: Grey
Water tank & material: 3.000 litre
2x 1500 Ltr. (in wings tank under the deck. Can be used as water ballast). Plus a 500 ltr daytank.
- Water tank gauge: Yes, at chart table.
Spectra Newport 400, 64 L/H
- Waste water tank: 300 ltr waste tank, for all heads.
Water system: Pressure system
Pneumatic pressure water system
- Hot water: 2x boilers (elec. & via engine)
- Outside water: Deck Shower
Number of showers: 3
3x showers in the en-suite bathrooms
Number of baths: 1
1x bath in the owners cabin en-suite bathroom
3x toilet in en-suite bathrooms + 1x day toilet (in saloon)
- Television: Yes
- Radio/CD player: At chart table
Cooker & fuel: 3 burner(s)
Force 10 gas cooker with built-in oven
- Oven: Inside Force 10 gas cooker
- Microwave: Yes, Miele
Fridge & power source:
Yes, Vitrifrigo (2 large drawers)
Heating: Central heating
Through air conditioning (reverse cycle) and diesel heating
Air conditioning: Cruisair
The yacht has accommodation for eight in four staterooms with three bathrooms. The owner's stateroom features an ensuite bathroom with a bath and bidet. There is a separate engineering area. The furniture is made from light, maintenance-free and scratch-resistant artificial material combined with mahogany. The kitchen is set up for use at sea and has a dishwasser.
Perkins 148HP 6 Cil. diesel
Power: 148 hp
- Fuel: Diesel
- Transmission: Shaft
Propulsion: Folding propellor
Folding propellor on shaft
Fuel tanks: 1
2x 500 ltr and 150 ltr day tank. (total approx. 1150 ltr)
- Total fuel tank(s) capacity: 1,100 Litre
Cruising speed: 9 knots
9 knots (7 knots most efficient)
- Fuel tank gauge: Yes
- Tachometer: Yes
- Oil pressure gauge: Yes
- Temperature gauge: Yes
- Bow thruster: Retractable bow thruster, pnuematic powered
- Battery: 24V 1000 Ah battery pack
- Battery charger: Mastervolt battery charger
- Alternator: 120A Mastervolt alternator
Onan 7.5 KvA (approx.)
- Voltmeter: Yes
- Shore power: Yes, with cable
- Shore power cable:
- Control panel: Mastervolt control panel
Voltage: 12V 24V 220V
12V / 24V / 220V
The pneumatic system is completely serviced in december 2022. 12V circuit for navigation instruments & 24V for other users. The shore power circuit is foreseen of 3(!) isolation transformers. She has a fixed hydrogenerator from "Watt & Sea" under the hull. There are two air compressors on board (for redundancy reasons).
Navigation and electronics
- Compass: Yes, 3 (on both sides in cockpit and on steering pedestal).
- Log/speed: Simrad
- Depth gauge: Simrad
- Wind gauge: Simrad
2x separated Simrad auto pilot systems
Chart plotter: B&G
B&G / Simrad
- Radar: B&G
- AIS: EM-track
- Shortwave radio: Icon
Iridium phone, Pactor controler, etc.
Rig and sails
Sailplan type: Sloop
Number of masts: 1
Carbon mast & park avenue boom (in carbon as well)
- Standing rig: ROD rigging
- Main sail: Elvstrom main sail 2023, brand new! (delivery march 2023)
- Furling mainsail: Slab reefing main sail, with single line reefing system
- Try sail: Try sail
- Genoa: genoa 90m2 (approx. 2016)
- Jib: cutter jib 40m2 (approx. 2016)
- Genoa reefing system: Manual furling system for genoa & cutter (on elec. winch)
- Gennaker: Yes, with snuffer
- Winches: 2 Harken winches on the mast, 4 elec. Harken (primary) winches in working cockpit.
The rig is checked and overhaled in winter 2018/2019; the mast and boom are resprayed. The rod rigging is replaced. All halyards are led back to the cockpit. And via "cross-sheeting" blocks & stoppers can be operated from the 4 elec. winches. There is a hydraulic sysyem to tensio the backstay, boomvang, outhaul and the cutterstay. Pneumatic extendable carbon bowsprit for gennaker.
Anchors & material:
100 mtrs of stainless steel chain and a stainless steel anchor.
- Anchor connection: Chain
Anchor windlass: Electric
Elec. Lewmar windlass
- Sprayhood: Fixed doghouse in aluminium, painted in white.
- Bimini: Yes, with s.s. steel frame. Can be used during sailing.
- Outdoor cushions: Complete set
- Sea rails: Yes, sea rails around the gangway
- Swimming platform: Pneumatic operated folding swimming platform, which is also the access to the garage.
- Swimming ladder: Yes, on bathing platform
- Dinghy: Yes
- Outboard engine: Yes
The artificial decking is replaced to marron ecodeck in 2018, the cockpit is table recessed into the floor, on a pneumatic lift. She hs a shower on the stern and an airpressure connectin in the garage to inflate the dinghy and other water tools.
- Life raft: Yes
- EPIRB: Yes
Bilge pump: Manual Electric
Yes, 5x throughout the vessel
- Fire extinguisher: Yes, multiple throughout the yacht.
- MOB system: Yes, AIS senders in the life jackets
- Flares: Yes
Life jackets: 10
- Watertight door: Yes
- Gas bottle locker with drain: Yes
Built-in anti-sinking system, with 40 airbags in the roof below the deck that are inflated with air when the yacht sinks. This ensures that she stays afloat in case of a collision. She is also equiped with an emenrgency rudder. This is stored down below and can be mount on the stern in case of a break down.