Volvo Penta 51 hp.. Fast X from 2nd owner since '07. Three cabins and 2 x wet bar. Extensive sail wardrobe partly 2021. Electric genualieren, boiler and stove.
Basic data of the X-Yachts 442
- Ship's name:eXe-Cuties
- Motorization:Volvo Penta 51 hp.
- Category:Sailing Yacht
- Year of construction:1994
- Material:GRP (Polyester)
- Experience: A day of boating fun, Family holidays, Suitable for part ownership, (Semi) permanent residence, Blue water cruising, seagoing, Sailing races, Weekendcruiser, weekends aboard
- Length:44.29 feet
- Width:13.62 feet
- Draught:8 feet
- Variable draught:No
- Vertical clearance:2050 cm
- Headroom inside:195 cm
- Beds:7fixed, 2 additional
- Country: Netherlands
- To view in sales harbour/showroom: No , Lelystad
- Price:£ 102.275 VAT Paid (€ 115.000 VAT Paid)
- Boat specifications in PDF: Download here
X-442 from second owner since 2007. Niels Jeppesen design and built by the renowned X-Yachts yard. Fast and very good sailing boat with fine accommodation. Solid and rigidly built and everywhere the best materials have been chosen. X-Yachts started with the X-79 in the 1970s and it proved so successful that an entire fleet of models was built. Both cruisers and racers but also many boats that combine both characteristics. X-Yachts do very well in the racing circuit but are also widely used as fast family cruisers.
This X has a spacious cockpit, well-walkable gangways and a large steering wheel which makes it easy to steer even when seated on windward or leeward. For the real sailing feeling there are many trim options. In the four storage compartments you can store everything you want to have at hand. This X has a pleasant accommodation with three cabins and two wet rooms with shower. The cabin table converts to a bed and there is an additional pilot berth in the port aft cabin. The galley has two sinks, a three-burner stove with oven and a very large refrigerator. The available stove makes it comfortable aboard even in the early and late season.
The sail wardrobe is very complete and partly delivered in 2021. Electric genualieren and an electric windlass increase the convenience. A lot has been invested in this boat in recent years.
This X-442 features include:
- 51 HP Volvo Penta engine
- Saildrive (cuff 2022) and three-blade folding propeller
- Copper coated underwater ship
- Almost new Insails Performance battened mainsail, genoa 3 and code-0 (all 2021)
- Spinnaker and asymmetric spinnaker on Facnor roller, both with trunks
- Lots of extra and spare sails
- Bowsprit and spinnaker pole
- Navtec backstay tensioner and Sparcraft up/down holder (2021)
- Electric genoa winches and the other winches self-tailing two speeds
- Running rigging Dyneema
- Extensive trim options
- Side entry sea rail on both sides
- Autopilot directly on the quadrant
- Raymarine DSC VHF and Navtex (both 2022)
- Chartplotters at chart table and in cockpit
- ST50 log, vmg and depth
- ST60 wind
- Approved 8 person life raft
- Lots of safety equipment
- Seat cushions inside marine grade leader 2019
- Neat mattresses
- Ardic diesel stove and boiler
- Keel inspection 2022
- Holding tank with deck extraction
- Anchor winch and 2 x anchor
- Three new batteries in 2022.
This X is ready for new adventures. Much has already been invested in safety and sail wardrobe but other things could be improved. The teak deck is moderate. It still dries up nicely, no slats are loose and there are no leaks but it is thinning and missing caulk seams here and there. The rodrigging is in need of replacement.Inside there are signs of use. Especially the cabin stairs, floor boards and the main bulkhead. There is a small undiscovered leak in the aft water tank in the bb aft cabin.
This X-442 can be viewed in Lelystad by appointment. We have the original brochure available digitally and will gladly send it to you upon request. The boat is registered in the Register of Ships and can be transferred notarially.
Click here for more information
- Designer: Niels Jeppesen
Shipyard: X-Yachts Denemarken
Hull number: 10
Building number 10
- CE-standard: When this X was built, CE standards did not yet exist but the 442s built later are in category A (Ocean)
Hull shape: Roundbilge
- Hull colour: White
- Deck colour: Brown
Deck construction: Grp (polyester)
Teak deck and polyester superstructure. Teak moderate
- Windows: Lewmar windows in aluminum frame. All opening
- Cockpit: Aft cockpit
Vertical clearance: 20.5 m
Approx. 20.50 m.
- Draught: 230 cm
Displacement: 9,700 kg
Approx. 9700 kg.
Ballast: 4,300 kg
Approx. 4300 kg.
Steering system: Wheel
Large steering wheel upholstered in leather
- Position steering system: Outside
Penetrating balanced rudder
Keel/Lee board: Fixed keel
- Layout and spaces inside: Salon, galley, three cabins and 2 x wet cell
Headroom: 195 cm
- Cabins: 3
Berths: fixed: 7 Extra: 2
Type interior: Classic, warm
Teak veneer and inner shells
Water tank & material: Steel
Steel, 2 tanks together approx. 300 l. with level gauge
- Water tank gauge:
RO Drinking water system. Is present and running. Not used by current owner so operation unknown
Waste water tank: 100 Litre
Plastic, approx. 80l. (2020). With deck suction
Water system: Pressure system
With electric pump
- Hot water: Ardic boiler on engine heat and shore power
Number of showers: 3
Shower with drain pump in both wet rooms and outdoor shower (the latter not via boiler)
Toilets: 2 Manual
2 x Jabsco manual pump toilet
- Radio/CD player: Pioneer DEH3000R radio/CD player with speakers inside and in cockpit
Cooker & fuel: 3 burner(s) Gas
Semi-cardan three-burner gas (hose over date)
- Oven: Yes
Fridge & power source: Electric
Top loader approx. 100 l.
- Heating: Ardic hot air with vents in saloon, sb aft cabin and forward cabin
The X-442 has a nicely finished accommodation with three cabins and two wet rooms. The headroom at the cabin entrance is 1.96 m. Right at the cabin entrance is the chart table with the switch panel, radio/CD player, DSC VHF radio and chartplotter. In the chart table and under the seat is storage space. Near the chart table is the entrance to the starboard aft cabin. The bed here measures 220 x 150 cm. and there is ample closet space. The port aft cabin is mirrored and here, too, the bed is 220 x 150 cm. An additional pilot berth has been made here. Both cabins can be well ventilated by opening windows.
To the left of the cabin entrance is the aft wet room. This has a shower with drain pump and a toilet. Above the toilet is a fold-down seat that is useful when showering. There is good ventilation here as well.
The salon consists of a round seat with a bench opposite and the cabin table in the middle. Under the seat of the bench is storage space. The stateroom table can be lowered, making sleeping berths with the two extra cushions. The galley is to starboard and has a double sink with cold and hot running water, a three burner fonuis with oven and a large top loading refrigerator.
Beyond the main bulkhead is the second wet room with shower, sink and toilet. Also here is the forward cabin with a 214 x 130 cm. bed with a convenient seating area opposite. Here too is plenty of closet and storage space.
To extend the season there is a stove on board and the many windows and hatches allow excellent ventilation. There are plenty of light points and under somewhat wilder conditions, the many grab bars are pleasant.
- Number of identical engines: 1
- Starting type: Electric
Brand: Volvo Penta
Volvo Penta MD22A
- Model: MD22A
- Year: 1994
Power: 51 hp
- Hours counter:
Engine hours: 1,893
Hours read is 1893
- Fuel: Diesel
- Transmission: Saildrive
Propulsion: Folding propellor
Saildrive with three-blade folding propeller. Saildrive sleeve 2022
- Cooling system: Indirect
Fuel tanks: 3
Steel, three interconnected tanks.
- Fuel tank material: Steel
- Measuring instruments: Tachometer, hour meter and acoustic alarm for oil pressure, temperature and charge current
- Fuel tank gauge:
Battery: 4 x
2 x 53 Ah starter battery and 1 x 180 Ah service battery (all 2022)
- Alternator: Yes
Inverter: 300 Watt
- Voltmeter: Yes
- Shore power: Yes. 2 x Cable
- Shore power cable:
- Control panel: Yeah, complete.
- Voltage: 12V
The engine is easily accessible for maintenance through several hatches. There is a three-blade folding propeller and the saildriver cuff was replaced in 2022. The Victron battery charger is from 2016 and three batteries from 2022. Navigation and interior lighting is LED. Inside some lights do not work. There is shore power with two cables a a 300 W inverter.
Navigation and electronics
X-Yachts compass on the steering position
Raymarine ST50 speed
Depth gauge: Raymarine
Raymarine ST50 depth
Wind gauge: Raymarine
Raymarine ST50 VMG and ST60 wind
- Navigation lights: Full LED
- Charts, guides: Complete set of maps and guides, stream atlas and Reed's almanac
Raymarine directly on the quadrant with ST6000 control
Chart plotter: Raymarine
Raymarine E120 at chart table and Raymarine E80 in cockpit. Navionics chart UK-South, Hamburg / Oslo 2022
Not in use and disassembled. Operation unknown
- AIS: Raymarine
Ray90 Blackbox DSC (2022) with additional speaker and emergency antenna
Nasa Navtex (2022)
ST50 log, vmg and depth and ST60 wind. Autopilot directly on the quadrant. Chart plotter on helm and at chart table. Recent Navionics charts. DSC VHF and Navtex (both 2022) and Raymarine AIS-500 transceiver (AIS-B), Raymarine radar is not in use but is included. Operation is not known.
Rig and sails
Sailplan type: Masthead
Number of masts: 1
Spars material: Aluminium
Aluminum, rigging rod (minimum 15 years old)
- Bowsprit: Fixed
- Standing rig: ROD rigging
- Number of sails: 11
- Main sail: Insails, 2021. Triradial Armide sport Lite skin, approx. 49.11 m2. Fully battened with double reef and lazyjacks. Also a 3DL (2004) and an older dacron mainsail
- Genoa: 3DL genoa 3 (2004) , an older dacron genoa 2 and a modified genoa 4 as staysail
- Jib: Insails, 2021. Genoa 3 approx. 45.5 m2. With uv strip
- Furling foresail: Raking
- Storm jib: Orange approx. 4 m2 (2012)
- Spinnaker: Symmetrical approx. 165 m2 with trunk
- Gennaker: Asymmetrical spinnaker ca. 136 m2 with trunk and code-0 Insails 2021, ca. 95 m2 . With Facnor AFX-4500 roller
- Winches: All Harken. 2 x 56ST electric, 2 x 48 ST and 2 x 42ST fall winch with 13 Easylock Maxi stoppers
- Electric winches: 2
- Manual winches: 4
- Self-tailing: 6
As good as new mainsail, genoa 3 and code-0 by Insails. Delivered in 2021. Mainsail is battened and fitted with lazyjacks and double reef. Several spare mainsails and genoa and a symmetrical spinnaker and asymmetrical spinnaker. Fixed bowsprit and spinnaker pole. Cockpit-wide mainsheet overhaul and long genoa rails operated from the cockpit with double cart. Navtec backstay tensioner,Sparcraft fixed up-stand and a Scott boomlock. Electrically operated genoa winches and self-tailing two-speed lap and halyard winches with four winch levers. Fenders and halyards Dyneema.
Anchors & material: 1 x Cast iron
Bruce anchor with chain on bow fittings and an additional umbrella anchor
- Anchor connection: Chain
Anchor windlass: Electric
Lofrans Cayman 1000 W. Carbon brushes renewed
- Sprayhood: Yes
- Outdoor cushions: Four loose cushions
- Boat cover: Mainsail cover and helm cover
- Sea rails: Split stern pulpit and pulpit with lowered entry. In the sea rail on both sides a side entry
- Swimming platform: Yes
- Swimming ladder: Yes
- Teak deck:
- Fenders, lines: Nine fenders and a bulb tender. Complete set of lines stays on board
- Cockpit table:
Side boarding in the sea rail on both sides, fold down cockpit table, fenders, bulb tender and lines, clock and barometer, several halyard pockets and winch handle holders, helm cover, four bucket chests, anchor ball, engine cone, jerry cans, wells, boatman's seat, four loose cockpit cushions, charts and guides, windlass and 2 x anchor.
- Life buoy:
- Life raft: Seago 8 person in container. Approved until 05-2024
- EPIRB: Ocean1 (2022)
Bilge pump: Manual Electric
Manual and electric
- Fire extinguisher: 3 x
- Radar reflector: Yes, in rigging
- Flares: 2022. Full set of Solas category 2 races
- Gas bottle locker with drain: Yes. lid does not close properly and hose is past due
- Self-draining cockpit:
This X participated in this year's CAM race and in order to do so had to meet the organization's extensive safety requirements. Among other things, a keel inspection took place and an extensive set of emergency fireworks, Epirb and inspected life raft also had to be present.
Several horseshoe buoys, a joon and a buoy with throw line are present. There is a manual and electric bilge pump, safety lines on deck and in the cockpit, and an emergency tiller is also provided. Both inside and outside there are good grab bars and the wide gangways are easily walkable. In case of someone overboard, the swim platform is useful. Safety is enhanced by the DSC VHF radio with emergency antenna, Navtex and AIS. The saildriver cuff was renewed in 2022 and there is a fire blanket.
Every effort has been made to display this information correctly. However, errors cannot be ruled out. When purchasing, please check the items that might influence your decision.