outboard engine. The Psaros 40 is a swing throat water ballasted lake racer
Basic data of the Psaros 40 Maxi Dolphin
- Seller:Bach Yachting
- Brand:Psaros 40
- Model:Maxi Dolphin
- Motorization:outboard engine
- Category:Sailing Yacht
- Year of construction:2004
- Experience: A day of boating fun, Fast motorboating, Sailing races, Weekendcruiser, weekends aboard
- Length:40.29 feet
- Width:11.09 feet
- Draught:8 feet
- Variable draught:Yes
- Country: Switzerland
- To view in sales harbour/showroom: Yes
- Price:price on request
- Account Manager: Jascha Bach
- Boat specifications in PDF: Download here
- Variable depth:
- Draught: 250 cm
The Psaros 40 is a swing throat water ballasted lake racer
Owners comments: professionnaly maintained race boat, equipped with water ballast, canting throat, trapeze and lots of sails, partly new (2019).
The Psaros 40 is one of the fastest boats of its lenght, in any wind condition.
She just finished second in this year's Bol d'Or and first Psaros 40
- The canting throat swings through 40 degrees and to prevent leeway they have Open 60-style asymmetric daggerboards that are toed out. In fact these boards are borrowed from the moulds of the Schmidt and Jo Richards-designed 42ft Alinghi catamaran.
- The mast is fixed with slightly swept back spreaders, but unusually with two sets of runners each side.
- the top mast backstay and runners are grouped like the America's Cup boats
- The retracting bowsprit arrangement is also unique and has two positions. For use with the large genoa it is extended to its first position tensioning a bobstay that handles the downward loads. For the big kites, an pole extends out further from within the bowsprit. In the first position the bowsprit is 1.5m long, in position two a wopping 3.5m. .
- While the top speed of the boat is a lively 20-23 knots, as ever it is the low wind performance of the boats that impresses. Upwind in 6 knots of true wind for example the Psaros 40 will manage six knots.
Deck and Cockpit
- Tiller steering
- Ballast 450 litres each side
- Berths: fixed: 0