Year of construction 2012
Material Epoxy composite
Length 42.65 feet
Width 13.5 feet
30hp. The highly modified and rejuvenated Ker 40 "Signal 8" is now for sale.Hugely updated in 2018, with the boat being lengthened and with 600kg removed…
Basic data of the Ker 40
- Seller:Ancasta - Port Hamble
- Category:Sailing Yacht
- Year of construction:2012
- Material:Epoxy composite
- Length:42.65 feet
- Width:13.45 feet
- Draught:10 feet
- Variable draught:No
- Country: Ireland
- To view in sales harbour/showroom: No , Cork
- Price:£ 188.966 VAT Not paid ($ 250.000 VAT Not paid)
- Account Manager: Ancasta - Port Hamble
- Boat specifications in PDF: Download here
Remarks: Brokers Comments
With the modifications strengthening her IRC credentials "Signal 8" offers a huge amount of pure race and inshore/offshore potential for any driven and motivated owner and team.
This yacht has recently undergone an extensive design modernization with new hull and appendage alterations that have been run through Jason Ker's VPP modeling program, and the results are a significant positive performance increase from the original Mk1 design. This yacht offers a great entry-level option for new fleets across the globe, particularly for any owner who is looking to compete in the world's top tier short course and offshore racing events.
For more information please contact the Ancasta Cowes UK office via +44 (0)7383 823 630 or firstname.lastname@example.org
The highly modified and rejuvenated Ker 40 "Signal 8" is now for sale.
Hugely updated in 2018, with the boat being lengthened and with 600kg removed from her overall displacement, she maintains her very strong race-winning potential under any rating system and importantly carries both inshore and offshore strengths.
One of Asia's most successful 40 footers, she is now based in Europe and is race-ready for her new owner and crew.
"Signal 8" is now offered by the Ancasta Cowes office, a region that is supported by very active Fast 40, IRC, and ORC fleets. If you have any interest in this yacht then please contact us via +44 (0) 7383 823 630 or email@example.com
Click here for more information
- Superstructure: Aft Cockpit
- Draught: 300 cm
- Keel/Lee board: Fin Keel
Comments: "Signal 8" was built by world famous builders McConaghy Boats in China during 2012.
Still under her first owner, which says a lot about these boats, she is made from infused E Glass with a closed cell foam core, which has meant a hugely strong boat capable offshore, yet lightweight enough to excite downwind.
On top of the already high specification, 'Signal 8' was regularly upgraded throughout her career in order to keep her at the front of the Asian IRC circuit with great success, her later life has seen her compete on the European race scene.
During 2018 she underwent further and rather extensive upgrades, overseen by Jason Ker, which included a transom scoop extension, but also and most importantly a rocker profile change to ensure this scoop extension is as effective as possible.
Major work since new;
- 3m draft with fabricated fin and new bulb, basically same as new Ker40+ design.
- boat now weighs 4300kg instead of original 5000kg
- bowsprit extended 550mm.
- transom scoop extended LH to 12.6m,
- aft sections "bumped" to reduce rocker and promote earlier planing and higher max speed
- mast gate moved aft to accommodate new hull shape and sail plan
- jib tracks extended inboard to allow tighter sheeting angles upwind.
IRC: 1.245 TCC
• Hull and deck precision female tooling
• Hull and Deck: E glass epoxy/foam sandwich construction, resin infused, vacuum bagged.
• Keel: Steel keel fin with composite fairings and lead bulb
• Rudder: Autoclaved Carbon Fibre rudder stock, Tiller steering.
• Light weight yet robust and stiff construction incorporating modern race boat technologies.
• A fully optimised structural design using advanced Finite Element Analysis Techniques.
• Designed and constructed in accordance to ISO structural regulations to Class A with plan approval by Germanischer Lloyd
• The hull and deck constructed from vacuum consolidated e-glass/epoxy/foam sandwich resin infused
• Additional reinforcements in way of all deck fittings and other highly loaded areas
• Structural internals: vacuum consolidated e-glass/epoxy/foam with sandwich construction, with uni-directional fibre reinforcement
• Non structural internal components built from e-glass/epoxy/foam sandwich construction
• Hull and Deck: Finished in high-grade polyurethane. Plus Non-skid areas on deck
• Cockpit Floor: Non-skid areas covered in red, custom grip tape arrangement.
• Under water: Finished with black Epoxy primer to a race finish.
• Interior: Clear finished
Comments: Sail inventory is mostly by Doyle Sails (Auckland New Zealand loft), under the dedicated focus of world-renowned designer Richard Bouziad (NZ).
M3 Doyle 2016 (1 reef)
M2 UK sails 2012 (club sail)
M1 Dacron delivery sail
J1 Doyle Stratis 2017
J2 Doyle Stratis 2017
J3 North 2015
Delivery dacron jib.
A1.5 Doyle 2017
A2 Doyle 2017
A3/0 North hybrid 2015
A3/0 North Hybrid 2016
A4 North 2016
MH0 UK Sails 2012, supplied with Karver furler and Future Fibres anti-torsion cable
FR0 UK Sails 2012.
North & UK spinnaker staysails (supplied with complete furling systems)
UK Geona stay sail
Assorted older training/delivery jibs and kites.
- Number of identical engines: 1
- Type: Inboard
- Fuel: Diesel
- Transmission: Saildrive
Comments: Winch package;
- 2 x Primary Lewmar Carbon B60.3 STA, linked to Lewmar aft pedestal system. Diverse Yachts service July 2017.
- 2 x Pit Winches Harken B46.2 STA
- 2 x Main Sheet Winches Harken B 46.2 STA
- 2 x Back stay Winches Harken B 46.2 STA
- 7 x Spinlock Clutches along with custom organisers. (Upgraded clutch innards)
- Custom sliding forehatch with inflatable seal.
Engine (full service July 2017)
• 30 hp Volvo Penta / Yanmar diesel engine
• Transmission: Sail Drive
• Folding 2 bladed ‘racing’ style prop
• Spinlock flush throttle control mounted on stbd side of cockpit
• 40 Litre rigid plastic fuel tank.
• Red/white cabin lighting in saloon, galley, heads and navigation areas
• 12 volt DC switch panel and battery indicator mounted by the Chart Table
• Battery isolator/selection switch mounted on Engine Box
• 1x 65 AH gel type batteries & 1 x 17 AH battery for engine start. New in 2016.
• 12 V electrical panel for Engine, with fuel gauge, rev counter and start/stop switches mounted close to the engine
• Navigation lights on pushpit and pulpit, steaming light and windex light on masthead.
• Electronics are Nexus: 4 cockpit FFDs, 4 mast unit double-sentence 20/20s. Downstairs at nav table is one FFD, a FitPC with large screen, a sat phone, a stereo, and a vhf.
• Expedition is installed, along with Nexus Race software.
• There are two deck speakers.
• Forestay load cell with digital readout
New JP3 rudder bearings July 2017.
Underwater paint new in Jan 2017 and she's only been in the water for 5 weeks since.
New 2-blade Gori racing prop 2016.
Rig and sails
- Sailplan type: Sloop
Comments: "Signal 8" is supplied with a two-piece, Hall Spars carbon rig and boom, fitted with Nitronic Rod standing rigging throughout - Mast and standing rigging ultrasound tested 2016 with clean bill of health.
A twin spreader configuration, with fixed carbon bowsprit, that is now extended for maximum downwind projection - New bowsprit and bob stay 2016
Split running back stays, controlled by two aft cockpit winches allow for a large, square top mainsail configuration - New running back stays end 2016.
Runner tails, sheets, all new for Cowes Week 2017, used only a handful of times since.
The mast is also setup with;
- 2 x Masthead halyards.
- 1 x Jib halyard.
- 1 x Fractional halyard.
- 1 x Genoa Staysail halyard.
- 1 x 2:1 Main halyard.
- 1 x Spring vang system.
- Internal Hydraulic mast ram, with shims - Mast jack fully serviced late 2016
- Adjustable mast foot.
- Nitronic 50 Rod rigging.
- Tuff Luff groove on forestay.
An up to date running rigging package accompanies the boat (appropriate materials used throughout), with both inshore and offshore setup's included.
The boat also comes with spare running rigging for training and deliveries.
Comprehensive rig tuning guide also available.
Comments: This Ker 40 has been designed for function and everything is of purpose-built, lightweight construction, with purely racing in mind.
The interior facilities are as follows;
- 6 x adjustable pipe cot berths.
- Twin composite sinks.
- 2 x gimbling gas ring burners.
- 2 x aft fresh water tanks 50ltr each. (soft bladders)
- Fresh water system operated with manual pumps.
- Fwd plumbed heads.
- Aft navigation station.
- Canvas storage areas on bulkheads and under bunks.
- 2 x manual bilge pumps.
- 2 x auto electric bilge pumps in bow.
- Plastic 40ltr fuel tank located under cockpit sole.
- 10-man Liferaft
- 11 Team O Life jackets
- Full Cat 1 offshore safety equipment - No guarantees given about date compliance/validity.
- Spare battens and lashings.
- Brand new galvanised cradle and custom splashes made in August 2017.
- Engine fully serviced & many parts replaced in summer 2017 in Cowes
*Comes with a towable trailer to support the yacht as an enclosed and lockable workshop and storage container.