2x Ford Sabre 160 hp. Spacious motor yacht suitable for habitation
Basic data of the Beachcraft 1500
- Seller:Amsterdam Nautic
- Motorization:2x Ford Sabre 160 hp
- Category:Motor Yacht
- Year of construction:1978
- Experience: Family holidays, Do-it-yourself, renovation, (Semi) permanent residence, Blue water cruising, seagoing, Weekendcruiser, weekends aboard
- Length:49.21 feet
- Width:14.76 feet
- Draught:5 feet
- Variable draught:No
- Headroom inside:190 cm
- Beds:4fixed, 2 additional
- Country: Netherlands
- To view in sales harbour/showroom: No , (elsewhere)
- Price:£ 40.910 VAT Paid (€ 46.000 VAT Paid)
- Account Manager: Harry Postmus
- Boat specifications in PDF: Download here
Spacious and strongly built steel motor yacht from the Dutch shipyard Beachcraft (de Groot).
This Beachcraft 1500 is mainly used for habitation and has overdue maintenance.
The underwater hull was treated and measured by Hoek in Urk in April 2020.
There is a thickness measurement report from Hoek present and meets all requirements. She is doubled at the bow.
Because of her layout she is very suitable for living with a separate kitchen with dining area below deck, spacious living room with view all around, 3 cabins with 4 fixed berths,
1 cabin can be equipped with bunk beds. The front cabin has a double bed (1,80 x 2,00) and private bathroom shower toilet, a spacious rear cabin with a single bed on sb side and on bb side a single bed (80x200). A wet room with shower and toilet. An aperte for storage space or a bunk bed.
A spacious sun deck / terrace, enough for sunbeds and or terrace table with chairs. Fly bridge with working gang outside steering wheel and wooden instrument panel.
2 x Ford Sabre engines of 160 hp each.
The starboard moth works 100%
The port engine has head gasket damage and needs to be repaired or overhauled to make it work.
Owner has sailed the last 2 years only on the starboard engine without problems.
The underwater hull is well maintained. In April 2020, the underwater hull was taken bare and rebuilt with primer and new layers of antifouling.
A thickness measurement of the underwater hull has been done by Hoekman Urk and the surfaces are reinforced, doubled with 5 mm.
The opinion of the broker.
The entire ship has overdue maintenance. The steel hull is strong and meets the requirements of the thickness measurement report.
Because of the layout and equipment she is excellent as a houseboat.
The boat is only suitable for people who want to do chores. Both outside (superficial rust) and inside (outdated) it needs to be freshened up.
Although she also as she is now can be inhabited and can sail immediately.
If you want to modernize the ship there is a lot of work to do.
The current owners live on the ship and need to make an appointment for a viewing.
If you are interested please contact us; 06-55134356
Click here for more information
- Designer: De Groot
- Shipyard: Van Arkel Beachcraft
- CE-category: Exempt
- Hull shape: Chine
- Hull colour: White
- Deck colour: Blue
- Deck construction: Steel
- Windows: single toughened brown glass
- Draught: 150 cm
- Displacement: 25,000 kg
Steering system: Wheel
- Position steering system: Inside + outside
- Rudder: Double
- Layout and spaces inside: front cabin, saloon, galley, aft cabin, bb hut,
Headroom: 190 cm
1,90 salon. approx 185 downstairs
- Separate Dining area:
- Engine room:
- Cabins: 3
- Berths: fixed: 4 Extra: 2
- Type interior: Classic, warm
- Color upholstery: Blue
- Water tank & material: 1.000 litre Plastic
- Water tank gauge: stainless steel + plastic
- Water system: Pressure system
- Hot water:
- Outside water: Deck wash pump Deck Shower
- Number of showers: 1
- Toilets: 2 Manual
- Cooker & fuel: 4 burner(s) Electric
Fridge & power source: Electric
Heating: Central heating
Must be filled
- Number of identical engines: 2
- Starting type: Electric
- Type: Inboard
- Brand: Ford Sabre
- Serial number: 6 cylinder turbo
- Year: 1978
- Number of cylinders: 6
- Power: 2x 160 hp
- Hours counter:
- Engine hours: 1,900
- Fuel: Diesel
- Type 2nd engine: Inboard
- Brand of the 2nd engine: Ford Sabre
- Year of the 2nd engine: 1978
- Power of the 2nd engine: 160 hp
- Hours counter on the 2nd engine:
- Engine hours of the 2nd engine: 1,700
- Transmission: Shaft
- Cooling system: Indirect
- Fuel tanks: 2
- Total fuel tank(s) capacity: 2,000 Litre
- Fuel tank material: Steel
- Max speed: 8 knots
- Cruising speed: 6 knots
- Measuring instruments: yes several
- Fuel tank gauge:
- Oil pressure gauge:
- Temperature gauge:
- Bow thruster: Hydraulic
- Battery: 2 x
- Generator: Perkins 3 fase 22 kW
- Shore power:
- Shore power cable:
- Voltage: 12V 220V
Port engine is defective. Head gasket damage, must be repaired
Owner sails on starboard engine; good sailing ship, also on engine
Navigation and electronics
- Compass: 2 x elektrisch
- Depth gauge:
- Navigation lights:
- Anchors & material: 1 x Stainless steel
- Anchor connection: Chain
- Anchor windlass: Electric
- Stern anchor:
- Sea rails:
- Push- and pulpit(s):
- Swimming platform:
- Davits: stainless steel
- Fenders, lines:
- Bilge pump: Electric
- Fire extinguisher: 3x
- Radar reflector:
- Life jackets: 3