Material GRP - sandwich
Length 43.31 feet
Width 13.0 feet
Yanmar 4JH4E with saildrive. Breehorn 44
Basic data of the Breehorn 44
- Motorization:Yanmar 4JH4E with saildrive
- Category:Sailing Yacht
- Additional category:Motorsailor
- Material:GRP - sandwich
- Length:43.31 feet
- Width:12.99 feet
- Draught:7 feet
- Variable draught:No
- Vertical clearance:1920 cm
- Country: Netherlands
- Price:£ 388.148 VAT Paid (€ 425.000 VAT Paid) (starting price)
- Account Manager: Lars van den Berg
- Boat specifications in PDF: Download here
- Shipyard: Breehorn
- Superstructure: Solid teak or Esthec in a colour of your choice.
- Aft cockpit:
Vertical clearance: 19.2 m
- Draught: 210 cm
- Maximum draught: 210 cm
- Waterline length: 1,100 cm
Displacement: 13 tonnes
Ballast: 5.6 tonnes
- Comments: The entire interior panelling is made of high quality matt lacquered teak. Screws are processed blind as much as possible. The ceiling consists of white plastic plate finished with teak battens. Kitchen and toilet consist of a polyester bowl finished with wood. There are handles at the entrance and above the kitchen and card table. The wood grain of the cabinet doors runs through as much as possible. The doors are equipped with hinges, outriggers and closures. Living: A U-bank on port side with fixed rectangular table. A longitudinal bench to starboard. The bench to BB is 2.25 meters long and therefore usable as a cage. Three cabinets above each bench, two with a door. Hull and deck: Hull and deck are made of fiberglass reinforced polyester. The gelcoat and first two layers of polyester are of ISO N.P.G. quality. The hull is constructed above the waterline sandwich with 20 mm PVC foam. This also applies to the deck. Longitudinal stringers and laminated bulkheads make it an extremely rigid construction. The hull is provided with two layers of self-sharpening antifouling. The deck hull connection is completely glued with a stainless steel bolt every 15 cm through the aluminium foot rail.
- Cabins: 3
- Berths: fixed: 6
- Water tank & material: Stainless steel water tank 480 litres
- Hot water: Water pressure system with pump, 25 liter boiler.
- Number of showers: 1
- Toilets: 1
- Fridge & power source:
- Comments: Toilet: The toilet with hand pump is equipped with stainless steel skin ducts with stainless steel ball valves. The stainless steel holding tank has a capacity of 90 liters. Shower: in the front, on the port side, is a shower with thermostatic valve. Dimensions of the shower is 80 cm by 80 cm. Heating: Heating is by a diesel stove with outlets in cages, kitchen, living room and shower. Cooling: A built-in cooling, Isotherm SP ASU 3251, in cool box. Rear cabin: A double berth on port side with a bed of 2 meters long by 1.45 wide at the headboard. At the entrance a wardrobe. The starboard cage has two single beds on top of each other as standard. At the front: A spacious cage with a double bed of 2 meters long by 1.60 meters wide at the headboard. On both sides a bench and cupboards above the bed. Hanging cabinets on port and starboard. On port side a separate shower room. Card table: Spacious card table with space for equipment and storage space for cards and books. Cushions and curtains: High quality cold foam cushions custom made by ship. Upholstery of your choice. All windows have curtains. Kitchen: Classic U-shaped kitchen with a double stainless steel sink, mixer tap, three burner semi-cardisan cooker with oven and pans clamps and plenty of cupboard space. The cooler is integrated in the sink.
- Number of identical engines: 1
- Brand: Yanmar
- Model: 4JH4E
- Number of cylinders: 4
Power: 55 hp
- Fuel: Diesel
- Fuel tanks: Stainless steel Diesel tank 480 litres
- Total fuel tank(s) capacity: 400 Litre
85 Ah starter battery and a service battery bank of at least 400 Ah.
50 A with shore power connection
- Shore power:
- Comments: Engine: There is a four cylinder Yanmar 4JH5 diesel, intercooling 42 kW/56 hp, a cooling water filter and a 120 A alternator installed. The Breehorn 44 has a saildrive with a two blade folding propeller. The engine panel, with rev counter and acoustic alarm for oil pressure and water temperature, is mounted in the cockpit. The engine controls are mounted on the steering position. The 480 litre stainless steel diesel tank is fitted with an extra fuel filter and fuel gauge. The yacht is delivered with a full diesel tank. Electricity: A starter battery of 85 Ah and a service battery bank of at least 400 Ah provide the power. A battery charger (50 A) with shore power connection, equipped with an isolation transformer, charges the batteries via a diode bridge. The main switch panel is equipped with fuses, switches with LEDs, a 230 V socket for shore power and voltmeter. All wiring is tinned.
Navigation and electronics
- Depth gauge:
- Wind gauge:
- Navigation lights: LED navigation lights
- Charts, guides:
- Comments: Lighting: Extensive interior lighting, consisting of ceiling lamps with a switch, wall spotlights with a switch and dimmable recessed spotlights. At the card table a card reading light. Equipment: There is a liquid compass on the steering position. Raymarine log/speed, depth and wind gauge are flush mounted under the fixed sprayhood. Car radio with speakers.
Rig and sails
- Number of masts: 1
- Main sail: 46.5 m2
- Genoa: 58 m2
- Manual winches:
- Comments: Mast and boom: Mast (17.60 m), boom (5.20 m) and optional spinnaker boom (4.90 m) are from Seldén. The mast is made of silver anodized aluminum with two pairs of halls. The mast is also equipped with two self-tailing winches, a self-tailing reefing winch, two trap stoppers, four large frogs and three small frogs. The mast has an LED tricolour top light, a LED white all around shining top light, a steam light, a deck light and a Windex. The forestay is equipped with a rolling system. Standing rigging: Top mitt, main mitt, forestay and forestay - 10 mm stainless steel dyform Baby forestay, continuous intermedium, cutter bar and backstays - 8 mm stainless steel dyform All stays are equipped with Brons-RVS tensioners. All terminals are rolled. The stall is equipped with a tensioner to be operated with a winch handle. The wall pits are connected below deck to the laminated main bulkhead and the stringers. Walking rigging: Spinnaker trap - 12 mm polyester with braided mantle with high abrasion resistance with snap fastener Mainsail trap - 12 mm dyneema with braided sheath with high abrasion resistance with harp closure Genuaval - 12 mm dyneema with braided mantle with high wear resistance Cutterfall - 12 mm polyester with braided sheath with high abrasion resistance Holder - 8 mm polyester with braided sheath with high abrasion resistance with snap fastener Faucet line - 12 mm polyester with braided jacket with high abrasion resistance 3 lubrication bars - 10 mm polyester with braided sheath with high abrasion resistance Underlay puller - 10 mm polyester with braided sheath with high abrasion resistance Drop-down support - number with 10 mm line, deceleration 1:4 Genuine shots - 14 mm on nua rail with nua carriage. Large bulkhead - 12 mm deceleration 1:2 on overflow carriage operation on winch. Stag breeding lap - 12 mm with optional second pair of nua carts Flag lines Two on the lower halls Sailing: UK-De Vries Sails, Cruising Offshore quality. Mainsail: 46,5 m2 9 oz polypreg, crosscut, three reefs. With hood. Genoa 2: 58 m2 9 oz polypreg, crosscut. Trailer rearing: 20 m2 9 oz polypreg, crosscut Hood: Colour of your choice Optional: Spinnaker - 160 m2 - 0.9 oz opti-radial ATS - 128.3 m2 - 1.5 oz opti-radial
- Anchors & material: A 20 kg Bruce anchor with 40 m chain of 10 mm.
- Anchor connection: Chain
- Anchor windlass: Manual
- Stern anchor:
- Fenders, lines: 4 fenders and 4 mooring lines.
- Comments: Shutters and windows: Front: One hatch of 70x70 cm Living: Two shutters of 60x60 cm, 2 shutters of 30x45 and 3 windows under construction. Toilet: One shutter of 35x20 cm and 1 window. Shower: One hatch of 35x20 cm Cages: One 35x20 cm hatch, one window in the superstructure, two opening portholes in the cockpit benches. Entrance: Plexiglas sliding hatch and a three-part entrance bulkhead. All hatches are fitted with smoke glass as standard. Coffins: At the back of the cockpit there are two coffins. The rim of the cockpit has two swallow's nests for storing small objects. In the foredeck is an anchor box with a lid split in two parts. The anchor box is equipped with an electric anchor winch. The chain box is placed under the anchor box, where the anchor chain is automatically fed in. Fixed polyester sprayhood: The fixed polyester sprayhood has 6 windows in an aluminium frame, two of which open. The overflow is mounted on top so that the cockpit remains free. At the rear is a stainless steel grab bar. Winches: Genuine lap - 2 Andersen 52 ST - Selftailing, two speeds Stag rearing - 2 Andersen 40 ST - Selftailing, two speeds Large Lap - 2 Andersen 28 ST Selftailing, two speeds Falling on the mast - 2 Andersen 40 ST - Selftailing, two speeds Lubricating bars and undertractor - 1 Andersen 28 ST - Selftailing, two speeds One 8" winch handle Two 10" winch hands Pulpit and sea railing: The Breehorn 44 has a stainless steel pulpit with LED navigation lights and a stern chair with LED stern light and a swimming ladder in the middle. The sea railing is 61 cm high and has stainless steel sceptres with a diameter of 25 mm, provided with two stainless steel railing wires, 4 mm thick. Aluminium scepter pots are fixed through the deck and in the holes of the railing. Fittings: The deck fittings are from Ronstan. There are 6 aluminium frogs with each frog a story eye in the foot rail. The stainless steel bow fitting is fitted with an anchor roller and has a strip up to the waterline. The anchor falls into the fitting and can be secured with a pin. Keel: The keel is formed by a polyester shell filled with 5600 kg of lead. The keel is fastened to laminated strands by stainless steel bolts welded to a stainless steel frame in the keel. The keel is laminated externally to the hull. Rudder: The rudder is anodised aluminium anodised rudder stock with four pairs of welded springs laminated and filled with foam. The Jefa rudder stock is ruddered in the cockpit floor and in the hull. A steering wheel with a diameter of 1.30 m on a Jefa steering position is standard. The emergency tiller can be placed directly on the rudder stock. Inside: Clothes hooks, toilet roll holder, toilet brush, mirror, kitchen roll holder. Outside: Flagpole with flag and holder on the fence chair.
- Fire extinguisher: Foam fire extinguishers of 2kg.
- Gas bottle locker with drain: Two 6-litre gas cylinders with safety pressure valve, equipped with venting.
- Comments: Gas bun: The valve in the bun is operated electrically from the galley. The pipe to the stove is made of copper. The hand pump, with suction basket in the bilge, can be operated in the cockpit and there is an electric bilge pump with automatic switch.