Olivier van Meer is designer of the world’s most inspired blue-water cruising yachts, developed to take the owners on the ultimate journey of discovery. As a follow up of his successful Puffin® and Zaca® concepts, his latest breed is called Pelican®. The first yacht of this range is an 80’ fast cruiser designed to be handled by two persons.
This new creation has established the hallmarks of a classic that is designed for performance, safety, luxury and built to the highest quality. It is the performance, sea kindness, attention to detail and ingenious use of space that raises her above the competition. Olivier van Meer was one of the first designers who created real panoramic deck saloons without destroying the exterior appearance. Also the Pelican offers a deck saloon with full view. Combining a superior inside steering navcom area with an ingenious central galley next to the cockpit and opposite the raised luxury seating area.|
This light and airy deck saloon is connected with only a few steps to the generous and well sheltered cockpit for comfortable outside living; an unmatched ease of cockpit/galley-to-sea and cockpit/galley to accommodation communication. The separate helmsman cockpit is provided with all equipment for single handed sailing.
Easy access to the hydraulic swimming platform makes this concept the perfect home at sea for live aboard, cruising
and long passage making.
Some specific features:
– Panoramic deck saloon
– Maximum comfort of inside and outside living
– Prepared for hot and cold climates (ice)
– Generous sheltered cockpit with separate sailing cockpit
– Central galley connected to cockpit and inside dining
– Huge scullery next to the galley for stores, fridge, freezer etc.
– Easy access separate workplace with work bench, tools ,etc.
– Separate technical room for technical installation and electric systems separated from engineroom
– Easy access extreme insulated engineroom only for main engine and main genset
– Hydraulic bathing platform
– Hidden tender garage
– Separate crew cabin/children’s/extra guest cabin with own entrance
The Pelican 80’ concept will be customized for each owner in every detail. Built in aluminum of core cell/epoxy composite and equipped by a hydraulic lifting keel, twin rudder configuration and no-runners carbon rig. The Pelican 80 is the ideal short-handed performance cruiser in which the experience and development of over 25 years and over 100 custom built yachts is combined. Pelican 80’ is the result of an intensive cooperation between Olivier van Meer and Sea Independent.terug