Floating Life Group presents “mini-yacht-management” program
Floating Life is the Swiss holding group specialized in the management, charter and sales of super and mega yachts. Floating life professionally handles all aspects of yacht management for the owner. For the 2012 Monaco Boat Show, the Floating Life International division presents a new service: “Mini-Yacht Management”. This service is primarily dedicated to the yachts operating along the Mediterranean market.
Why we have created Mini Yacht Management
Over the last three years, in addition to global financial tension, new national and foreign regulations have been added with many new rules limits that complicate the management and chartering of small and medium sized vessels, requiring their owners to acquire a new level of professional preparation. This is both time consuming and complex, and for vessels of under 24 meters is obviously more expensive than one year ago.
Floating Life mini-management plan
– Yacht management during the summer season, surveillance and winter maintenance coordination in the chosen yard;
– Seasonal crew recruitment;
– Minimum monthly fee for each owner, a monthly fee which is less than a month’s salary (for year long crew);
– A concierge service, three people active 24/7/365, suppling a problem solving service to any issues raised by the owner;
– A Yacht Manager who carries out weekly checks on every vessel, covering each area of concern;
– When chartering, coordination with the charter agency for the preparation of the yacht;
– When chartering, management of registration standards directed to maintaining commercial certificates for non Italian flag vessels;
– External legal advice (price quote on request).
Floating Life International Objectives
– Italian and Mediterranean home bases for yachts not in use, providing geographically concentrated management;
– Reorganizing a vessel’s management along the following themes: logistics, winter maintenance, more simplified and professional crews;
– A monthly fee LESS than one month’s salary for a crew member (year long salary);
– Break-even point: four to five under 24 meter yachts for each zone within two to three years.
Floating Life Group is presently operative with Mini Yacht Management at the following bases:
Mediterranean: Veneto, Marche, Côte d’Azur (Antibes and Nice), Tuscany, Balearic Islands (Palma), Tunisia (Kelibia), and Turkey.
Caribbean and rest of the world: St. Marteen (home base FL in the Caribbean), Brazil.
Andrea Pezzini – CEO of Floating Life Group – refers that: “in the current situation, who loves their boat doesn’t abandon her and should be helped. A solution that, not arriving from the public sector, arrives from the private sector: this kind of “light” management, on one hand aims at maintaining small and medium owners in the nautical world, and on the other hand to economically develop unexplored areas of our business. For innovative company’s like Floating Life it is always necessary to discover new and flexible mechanisms that safeguard owners and their businesses, in addition to evolving within our sector”.terug